Monday, December 26, 2011

Last Christmas card for 2011

Hello!

Happy Boxing Day! I did my little bit of boxing-day shopping and got my TV at a good deal...woo-hooo...

I'm showing you my last Christmas card for the year and was mailed out rather later than I planned...LOL--as I did with ALL of my Christmas cards. I had better planned better for next year! But then I say that every year...haa haa.


I have used a Go-Kreate die for the shape of this card, which I had to order all the way from the UK as I couldn't find a retailer in North America. Ouch on my pocket book--I think I had to pay a custom fee to boot. Oh well...I love the shapes of their dies though.


This is my all time favorite angel (so far...LOL) that I have coloured with my markers. The adorable image is Sitting Angel Tilda from Magnolia's last year's Christmas collection, A Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010.

I get my Magnolia stamps from Diana's on-line store Magnolia-licious. Diana has a fabulous selection of Magnolia stamps, doohickey cutting dies, magazines. Check out the Memory Box, Maryanne Designs and Cheery Lynn dies too!

I love using this colour combo on my Christmas cards. The red is brownish red and the green is olive green.


I made this into an easel card, which is my fave type of cards and I kept it rather clean as I was in a rush to finish it, so not too much in terms of embellishments.



Challenges I am entering with this card:
Passion for Promarkers - Week 129 - Celebrations
Paper Sundaes Challenge #100 - Celebrate
Simon Says Stamps - Let's Play Bingo (ribbon/twine--ratafia, punches/die cuts, multifold)
Flutter by Wednesday - Open Challenge
Deep Ocean Challenges Challenge #15 – Warm Wishes
Everybody-Art-Challenge Challenge 173 – Anything Goes
Stampin' For the Weekend Challenge #23 - Anything Goes
PaperPlay Challenges Week 50 – Christmas
Charisma Cardz Challenges Week #50 - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me Challenge #66 - Anything Goes


Well, I think that's it for me today. Now have to start making birthdays cards. I have several of those to make and yikes... a couple of them are belated birthday cards.

Thanks so much for dropping by. Hope you had a lovely Christmas day yesterday. Enjoy your week!


Materials and Tools used:

Sentiment stamps: Hampton Art Merry Christmas Circle; JustRite Peace on Earth Set

DP's: from Recollections Believe Paper Pad

Dies: Go Kreate Square Frames Frilly #3; Spellbinders Classic Circles and Ovals, Labels Sixteen and Eighteen, Holly Motifs; Tim Holtz Sizzlits Festive Greenery (for the holly leaves)

Miscellaneous: Pearls, jingle bells, ratafia from my stash; Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter

Medium: Letraset Promarkers and Letraset Pantone Tria Markers
--face & skin: blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla, oatmeal, pastel pink, satin
--dress: burnt umber, 484-T, 486-T
--pockets & tights: olive green, 5767-T, 617-T
--wings: 5507-T, 5527-T
--warm grey 4, cool greys 2 & 1

34 comments:

Donalda said...

Hon this is just breath taking. I so love it dear your work is always just so gorgeous. So love your die shaped card too . Hope you had a wonderful Holiday dear. Hugs

Helga said...

A gorgeous card - perfect colored !

wish you a health new year !
Helga

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, what an exquiste card. WOW!!!!

Janine - Ellabella said...

Oh wow this is so beautiful the image is coloured to perfection and love all the lovely layout and beautiful background papers truly amazing. Hugs Janine

Nicola said...

Amazing and beautiful creation Norma! The colour combo is gorgeous with some stunning dp's and fab design and shape. Your colouring is out of this world, Tilda looks perfect!
If you haven't guessed I love your card LOL!
Love Nicola xxx

Laney said...

Absolutely gorgeous Norma!! a Super Card !!
thanks for joining us at Charisma this time hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Monique said...

That is beautifull Norma.

Hugs Monique

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Norma,

What a fabulous card. Original shape. I like your choice of colours. Delicate and well-kept work. Continue like that, I liiikkkkkeee !!!!!!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Barb Hardeman said...

Your card is stunning, Norma! Who is going to complain about getting this card just a little late. It is a keeper. Your sense of color and balance is fabulous and your coloring is just stunning! Hugs, Barb

Karen said...

Your card is stunning!! : )

Pat said...

Norma...your card is stunning! And, let me tell ya, it's even MORE STUNNING in person!! Thank you so much for sending this gorgeous creation to me. I will cherish it always!!! Maggie hugs!! Pat Frank

p.s. thanks for the info...have just placed a Go Kreate order! YIKES! hehehe!

Candy said...

So beautiful, Norma!!
Hugs, Candy

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
This is such a beautiful card. You have made some gorgeous Christmas cards. I love these reds and greens. The holly looks super with the gold bells. Have a wonderful New Year and enjoy your new TV.
Hugs Maz

paola said...

Your work is just exceptional! i love the rich greens that you used with this and your coloring just fabulous, hope you had a wonderful Christmas with family and lots of presents
smiles
PAola

Chris said...

Beautiful card Norma.

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! Norma, this is utterly gorgeous, the design, papers, colouring. A truly beautiful card.
Hugs
Suzi x

crafty amy said...

Wow this is stunning!! I LOVE everything about it your colouring is perfect and the shape is gorgeous :D
Well done on getting your bargain TV too :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Pam said...

Gorgeous card Norma. I can see why you love that die...
Hugs...Pam:)

Iulia said...

Gorgeous card, Norma! Your coloring is simply spectacular, I'm always in awe of your creations! My guess is you are a perfectionist, am I right?:) All your cards are so perfectly executed!
Wish you a Happy New Year sweetie with lots of joy, happiness and especially great health!
Hugs, Iulia

lin_ka1 said...

sensational card. Very clever composition and wonderfully matched colors

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Norma, Wow, I love those rich shades of brown and green. tilda is soo cute with her striped stockings. Your coloring is wonderful, and the shape of the card is just fabulous.
Wonderful work.

Kelly said...

Very gorgeous last Christmas Card. I love the new die and how you did your easel.

Christina C. said...

OMG, Norma, this is PRICELESS!!!
I want to order some of those dies too.....love 'em! Tilda is colored to perfection and the design of your card is, as always, sheer perfection!
Happy New Year, Norma!

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! The color combo is fabulous...

Karen

Elle said...

This is beautiful! You certainly saved the best for the last.

Jean said...

Oh my Norma didn't realize you had to order this card stamp from England. Wow, but you have used it before and I absolutely love it.. and of course I call you the queen of easel cards.. they are all so perfect and beautiful.. This one is right ups there and so what if it is late, better late than never!! A great card abd beautiful colors.. love everything about this card.
Happy New Year Norma..
Hugs, Jean

Unknown said...

This is a stunning card! Less embellishments suit it perfectly. Happy new year norma,
Ellie Maggie x

cabio's craft corner said...

You always come up with wonderful shape card. Beautiful design and I LOVE the gold contrast :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Norma! I love the shape and the pretty DP, Stunning creation!
Hugs Julie P

Mary J said...

A stunning project Norma! Thx for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!

Mary J x

Karita said...

WOW! Gorgeous card! :)
Tilda looks so beautiful and I just love your card design - so stunning :)

Thank you for joining at Deep ocean Challenge :)
Hugs,
Karita

Mandy said...

Norma your card is stunning, I love the shape and your colouring is beautiful as always.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our Christmas challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Chris said...

beautifully colored and beautifully put together. thanks you for playing with us at SFTW

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Thanks for playing in our christmas bumper challenge over at Crafts and Me with this fantastic creation. Hugs...Mona

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...