Sunday, December 20, 2015

Happy Yule

Hello.

I've made a card to celebrate the winter solstice.  I know I'm a day early!  In my part of the world, winter solstice is on Dec. 21.  Looking forward for the days to get longer afterwards.  I like to work in my craft room under natural light and the days are just too darn short right now...sigh.



A closer look at this beautiful image I'm featuring.


This digital stamp is called Twilight Lily Fae, just one of the many gorgeous images designed by Sara Burrier that you can purchase from Crafts and Me.

I've used my coloured pencils to do the colouring this time.  I've a collection pencils from various brands--Faber-Castell Polychromos and Art Grip, Derwent Coloursoft and Artists, Prismacolor Premier and Verithin.  Oh I don't have complete collection from each...hee hee, just individual pencils.  As you can see I don't stick to one brand.  I use whatever colours are available and whatever works, although my preference is the Polychromos.

I've added cool-highlights glitter to the faerie's wings and gold glitter to the adornments in her hair.


Challenges for this card:
Crafts and Me December Challenge - Winter or Christmas
2 Crafty Girls Challenge #8 - Anything Goes
Glitter 'N' Sparkle Christmas Challenge #168 - Gliterry, Sparkly Christmas
Kleuren met Potloden December Challenge - Anything Goes
Live and Love Crafts Challenge #42 - Sparkle
Scrapy Land Challenge #32 -  Holidays (used dies from Spellbinders, Memory Box and Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Sweet Stampin' - Merry Christmas
Tuesday Throwdown TT274 - Anything Goes
Wonderful Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create Challenge #155 - Anything Goes

That's it for me for now.  Thanks for stopping by.  I very much appreciate your visit.  Enjoy your day and have a wonderful weekend!


Materials and Tools Used:
Sentiments:  Computer generated
Designer Papers:  Making Memories Meg Argyle
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels Thirty-Six, Classic Ovals and Floral Flourishes; Memory Box 98312 Fancy Blossoms and 98316 Cherry Blossom; Elizabeth Craft Designs 730 Curvy Leaves 
Punches:  Punch Bunch Large Impatients; EK Success Leaf; Carla Crafts Small Cosmos; Fiskars 3-in-1 Celestial corner punch
Miscellaneous:  Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pads Walnut Stain, Dusty Concord and Milled Lavender;  Lace 'Leonore' from Live and Love Crafts; pearls from my stash

Colouring medium:  Coloured pencils--Faber-Castell Polychromos and Art Grip, Derwent Coloursoft and Artists, Prismacolor Premier and Verithin.  Sorry, but I don't take notes of the pencil colours I use when I'm colouring.


15 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Absolutely beautiful Norma. Such a gorgeous image, wonderfully colored. I am in love with your flowers! I wish you a beautiful holiday season. xox

everything with stickles.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card love the Sparkle x thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

Julie P said...

Absolutely beautiful Norma, just love that fairy, will have to put this one on my wish list for sure, Love It!! Merry Christmas dear friend xo Julie P

Kelly Lloyd said...

Oh wow this card is just perfect. I love it,
The colours, the image and colouring. Papers and embellishing just stunning
Hugs Kelly x

frifricreations said...

**c'est tres joli et beau aussi , bonnes fetes de Noel , et une bonne et heureuse année 2016,tous mes voeux pour toi et ta famille , on se revoit en 2016,bisous...
frifricreations !!.***

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the 2 Crafty Girls Challenge this month of “Anything goes”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw.

Wishing you and your family a happy Christmas and all the best for 2016.

Kym (2 Crafty Girls Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful card design. Love the details, colors, and image. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

Chana Malkah said...

Absolutely stunning! The coloring of the image is beautiful and the composition is great! Thanks so much for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Cass said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

annemarie said...

Wauw a stunning card Norma.

Thanks for joining us at Kleuren met potloden.

good luck

Hugs Annemarie

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Norma, is beautiful! Such lovely colors, and a wonderfully serene scene. I would not have thought about this image from Christmas, but it speaks volumes! Thank you for sharing it!

Thanks for playing in the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Jo Ann said...

You colored this image amazingly and love the awesome embellishments you used. Thank you for joining our Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. There's still a little bit of time left to join this week's Challenge, hope you link with us again. God bless and Have an Awesome New Year!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Lori Kobular said...

Love that beautiful Fairy on your wonderful card! You colored her perfectly and I love the papers that you chose to go with her. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #32!

Deborah said...

I so love your card!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

Wil Frutsel said...

Wowwww what a very beautifull card, thanks for sharing and joining it for our challege from KmP.
Good luck!!
xx Wilma DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...