Monday, November 03, 2014

Winter Wonderland Advent Calendar - Magnolia-licious Holiday Blog Hop

Hello.

We're kicking off another seasonal blog hop at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. This is our 'Holiday Blog Hop'.
If you're already taking part in our blog hop and have arrived here from the ever-so-talented DENA's blog, then you're on the right track.  In case you get lost along the way and want to get back on route, here's a list of the participating DT gals in blog hop order:


And so....on to my project.  I've made an advent calendar.




I wanted a circular base rather than your basic square or rectangular one.  This was oh sooo much harder to figure out how to do, or maybe because it took me longer to do...LOL.  I took me 4 - 5 days just to put together the bottom part of this advent calendar.


This is a like a matchbox craft, but rather than having your drawers made out of your usual rectangular matchboxes, they are pie-shaped.  Each drawer and its casing is 1/8 of a circle, so each of the three circular platforms has 8 drawers making a total of 24 drawers, for the number of days in December before Christmas.

The pine trees were made by layering individual poinsettia leaves/petals (from a Spellbinders die set) around a paper cone. I painted gesso on the leaves and when dry, applied glue and then covered them with white micro-fine glitter.

Edited:  You can find the tutorial for this advent calendar HERE.

Here are close-ups and the names of the Magnolia Stamps images being featured:


- Christmas Eve Edwin from the Winter Wonderland Collection 2013


- Tilda With Two Little Gifts from the A Christmas Story Collection 2012


- Jingle Jangle Tilda from the A Christmas Story Collection 2012


- Winter Tilda from the Sweet Christmas Dreams Collection 2011


- Tilda in Christmas Coat from the Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010

Magnolia Stamps are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store where she carries a large selection of both full-size and mini Magnolia stamps.  And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, ask Diana if she can bring it in for you.
Check out also the stamps from Wee StampsWild Rose StudiosCandibeans, and now Saturated Canary.
Magnolia-licious also carries cutting dies from various companies including Memory BoxPoppyStampsMagnolia DoohickeyWild Rose Studio.  Have a look!
Prices are discounted, you get excellent customer service and you also get to earn 2% credit towards future purchases.

I hope you will participate in our Holiday Blog Hop.  There are prizes!!!


There are 2 ways to win during the blog hop: 

- By totalling the numbers from all DT posts.  Participants will e-mail Cathy the sum (cathyleeinco@yahoo.com).  A random winner will be chosen from all the correct responses.

- By participating in the Blog Hop Challenge and creating a Holiday project.  A random winner will be chosen from all the entries.  

Winners will each receive a $50 Gift Certificate from Magnolia-licious.  The hop will run until the end of November. 


As for me, I am entering my advent calendar into these challenges:
Not Just Cards Challenge #5 - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge #55 - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers and More Challenge #126 - Cut It Out
Inspiration Destination Challenge #5 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create Challenge #96 - Anything Goes
I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #243 - Three Of A Kind (3 platforms, 3 stars in the garland)
The Paper Shelter Challenge #180 - Is it too early for Christmas?
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #201 - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge #109 - Anything But Square
Stamping Sensations November Challenge - Christmas

That's it.  Thanks for stopping by.  Your visit is always very much appreciated.  Enjoy your day.

Before you go, if you are playing our number scavenger hunt game, the number you need from me is:  4.

Now for your next stop, hop over and visit the super talented KATIE to see what she has to share with you.


Materials and Tools Used
Sentiments:  Computer generated
Designer Papers:  K+Company EB Visions of Christmas paper pad    
Dies:  Crealies Creative Shapes No. 20 (numbers); Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia 
Punches:  EK Success and Martha Stewart punches for the stars
Miscellaneous:  Compass, Protractor, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; Jewel Glitter Ritz micro-fine white glitter; chipboards, wooden plugs and beads, gesso, white felt from my stash
Colouring medium:  Alcohol ink markers from Letraset - Promarkers and Pantone Trias, coloured pencils 


80 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Norma, I love your sweet little tree, another work of art my friend, beautifully done
Hugs Julie P

MontanA said...

SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Oh my LORD
Norma awesome
love love love your special advent calendar
hugs Tamara
great hop

laurigami said...

splendid creation, your calendar from the front is very original.
hugs
laurigami

Mojca said...

oh my god this is totally stunning! I would love if you would share the tutorial with us, it looks really complicated to figure out how you did this :))) SO so pretty! hugs! Mojca

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my word!! you've done it again Norma, I love love love this stunning project. Wow!! you have rocked this hop sweetie. Hugs Suzi x

Catherine said...

OMG ! This is totally stunning Norma ! I have never seen an advent calendar so gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Mayumi said...

I have no words to tell how cute and stunning is this calendar. Totally in love with everything, the shape, the trees, the perfectly colored magnolias...
Would be great if you can share some tips to try one ^^

Tamara said...

Beautiful and very creative project you created. Love it!
Hugs, t.

Christina said...

Woww this is absolutely stunning!!
Hugs Kristel

Lizzies said...

Absolutely stunning.

Thank you for joining in with the I Love Promarkers Callenge #243

Lizzie xx

Louise said...

Wow!!! Such a fabulous creations, amazing!!!
hugs Louise

The Craft Bucket said...

Wow, wow, wow, I love it. Jane x

Christy Designs said...

OMG Norma !!! It is stunning Advent calender with so many detail. I'm so in love with your creation.Thank you for sharing this fab inspiration.

Christine Dol said...

Your unbelievably talented! Oh my goodness. You have such an eye for detail and such a gift! Beautiful calendar!!!!!!

kendell said...

This is just awesome, thanks for sharing it with us

Unknown said...

WOW! You will never cease to amaze me with your creativity. I love this calendar.

Karen

Madge H. said...

Norma! Norma! Norma! Once again you have knocked it out of the ballpark!
I absolutely LOVE this idea and all your work and little embellishments topped with Maggies. OH MY!!

Dayana Marin said...

Wow!! is super beautiful Norma!!! Great calendar!!!

Cathy Lee said...

My goodness, Norma, this is absolutely FABULOUS! Is this an original design? Holy cow, I am in love with it. Love the adorable scene you've created. What a fabulous keepsake as well to use over and over every year.
Hugz,
Cath

Tracy said...

Awesome Advent Calender!!

Unknown said...

You never cease to amaze me! What a fantastic Advent calendar. Beautifully done.

Karen

Peggy said...

This is very beautiful.

Greetz,
Peggy

mgoll88 said...

what a fabolopus and wonderfull creation, looks really fantastic, love it!!!!

Katie said...

Norma you always come up with the most creative projects and this one is simply stunning! I can imagine how many hours you put into it but it was so worth it!

Karen said...

Wow! This is beautiful Norma!!!

Candy said...

WOW! WOW! Norma this is just stunning!
I can't imagine the work of those pie shaped boxes...
You are so clever to make the pine trees out of the poinsettia die!! Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!
Big Hugs

Anonymous said...

This is spectacular! Everything is so pretty! Thanks for a little instruction on the trees. I am going to have to try to find some kind of tutorial for that box. Amazing!

Jacee said...

Wow, AMAZING! yet another fabulous example of your amazing talent Norma!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Rosemary said...

Norma, you are sooo creative! this is an amazing advent calendar.

Céline said...

OMG Norma, what a fab project !!! love everything
hugs
céline

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Wow! This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your fabulous project and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Chana Malkah said...

Norma, this is amazing! Just stopped by to let you know that you have been selected as our FB 3D Designer of The Day for November 3, 2014. Your project is featured on our FB page www.facebook.com/avenue613 . Please stop by to say hello and to grab your badge. Congrats!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Unknown said...

Magnifique !!!

janeslovelycards said...

Oh my goodness Norma!! This is incredible! Until I read your post I thought it was a bought one that you had decorated... but you designed it...WOW!!! The trees are stunning too! hugs, Jane x x x

Laurian said...

Wonderful project!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

charlene said...

Norma wow wow and wow again you always amaze me with your creative designs!
Hugs

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

OMG. What a fabulous Advent Calendar. Love your coloring and the small details you added.

Unknown said...

your project is fabulous..!!
Sheetal

NPurdum56 said...

Oh my goodness! What a great project! Love it, love it, love it! :) Nancee

Rupa Swaminathan said...

This is just fantastic!Labour of hard work and passion...loved the circular idea.

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

Wonderful project Norma, I can believe it took you that amount of time just for the circular base but it looks fantastic! hugs Sandy xx

Maja said...

Stunning project Norma. Love all the images from Tilda.

iruha said...

Oh, so unusual and very beautiful!

Laura Love said...

I am speechless Norma! It would seriously take me like 4 months to do something like this - LOL! You are so creative and an absolute GENIUS at figuring out these amazing 3D projects! Stunning job!! This is a treasure that is for sure!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A stunning creation and how unusual to have a circular base. So worth the time spent making it though it looks fabulous. I so love this.
Lorraine

Colette said...

Wow! what a stunning and very creative project, love the circle shape with the drawers, your trees are fabulous and images all beautifully coloured, a true work of art, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

Kim said...

That is insanely amazing!

Maryann Laursen said...

Oh my goodness, this is just another gorgeous creation. Wish I had you girls ability to think these things out, so gorgeous.

Dena said...

Wow! You have got to be kidding me!!!!!! This is AMAZING! I really want to try and make one, but if it took you days, it will take me years haha!! Gorgeous Norma and I LOVE the cone trees, sooooo clever!
Hugs, Dena

Christina V. said...

Stunning project!!! And the winter scenery you created is so beautiful! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Viv said...

STUNNING!!!! Thanks for sharing this amazing creation with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
Viv
CCM DT

Unknown said...

Truly an amazing piece of art. It reminds me of Hummels.

Joyce said...

This is so very AMAZING!!! Love it! Now, you know I am going to ask for a tutorial!!! Incredible!

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! la la Norma. I wonder if there are words enough to say what I would like to concerning this EXTRAORDINARY creation. it is simply MARVELLOUS. ingenious, clever and TOTALLY BEAUTIFULLY IMAGINATIVE. You should sell the tutorial! Have a lovely day. xox

Shelly G said...

OMGosh! This is Amazing! I love all the images you used on it. Your creativity stuns me! Thank you for sharing it here for all to admire!

Unknown said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning!!! so many detail and such creativity!! Awesome, love it. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers and good luck xx

Lena said...

WOW what a creation !! Really wonderful! Can not help but love it ..

Thank you for participating in the TPS challenge this week!
Good luck!

Hug Lena

Lynne K said...

A stunning project, Norma! So many gorgeous details. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Outstanding workmanship. beautifully put together. love your creative mind and design and colouring. Thank you for sharing this truly inspirational project

julie

Unknown said...

Wow! Oh my goodness me!!! I'm at a loss for words, Norma! Your work is truly stunning and so inspirational! This is a work of art and I love every piece of it!

Kathie said...

Hi Norma you stun me with your brilliance and your wonderful creativity. This is a total work of art and I really hope that who ever receives it will appreciate it. Totally amazing you really do inspire me.
Hugs
Kathie
from Kathiez Kardz

Sally Dodger said...

This Advent calendar is just amazing. I love everything about it from the Poinsettia trees to the miniature gifts and your beautifully coloured images. The circular base is also ingenious and the white felt on the base adds a lovely snowy texture. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Sally D.x.

Deb M. said...

Absolutely beautiful! So happy I found your blog today. I'm drooling over all your beautiful creations. :-)

Debby said...

Utterly stunning work ....seriously love what you have done with this ...thank you so much for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle in this weeks Challenge "anything but a square"
Debby (DT) x

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Wow, this work is fabulous!

Tindaloo said...

Amazing amount of work, and it really paid off - this is so awesome! Great details and lovely stamps! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

Catrick said...

Incredible! I add my pleas for a tutorial...

Cathy

carol said...

Stunning to say the least. I have an addiction to advent calendars. This one is so different. I would love a tutorial for the base. Thanks for the beautiful work!

New Creations said...

Super genius creation and I am speechless!!!!

Annette said...

I just had to come over and leave a comment, THIS IS AMAZING. I'm going to have to try to have a go at this now, it's just stunning. LOVE IT.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Barbara said...

Love your advent calendar. Hope someday you will show us how to make it. Hope you win.

Riet Kamstra said...

This is so beautiful Norma, and so clever. Great job with the advent calendar and coloring all the lovely magnolia stamps and making the trees. Love it!!!

Liz's creative corner said...

wow wow wow this is awesome Norma, loving the fab shape no wonder it took you ages and those trees are awesome, I have loved looking, thank you, hugs Liz xx

Tracy said...

A Gorgeous and creative Christmas creation.Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations challenge. Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Debbie said...

What a unique project...I love all the little drawers for cute little surprises!

Debbie said...

Simply beautiful, love the little drawers! Great attention to detail!

Nikki said...

This is absolutely AMAZING, Norma. From the handmade base to the stunning trees and the gorgeous Tilda's. You are one very talented and creative lady. A tutorial for this would be absolutely and I agree with one of the other ladies comments that I would happily pay for it.

Nikki

scrapperdiane said...

Every time i think wow is that one talented lady you best yourself with another project.I love your work.

Carlene said...

This is fabulous Norma!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...