Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sending Happy Thoughts - Magnolia-licious "W"ednesday #8

Hello.

OMG, it's been a busy month for me.  I don't usually have so many postings per month, but I've got another card to show you.  This one is my DT card for today's "W"ednesday Posting #8 at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog

Each Wednesday, a few of the DT gals will showcase images from the Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studio, Penny Black or Candybean stamp collections that are available at the Magnolia-licious on-line store.  Today, it's Suzanne's, Patti Jo's and my turn to participate.


I found this Wee Stamps image partially done.  I was colouring her months ago, but didn't finished--she was about three-quarter coloured up.  I decided to use this as I was rushing to create a new card.  I just had to finish colouring the flowers, the background and the grass. 

I added some glitter to her wings--you can't see the glitter in the first picture, but I think you can see it in this close-up below.   


Items I've used that are available from Magnolia-licious store:
Mountain Lily from the Wee Stamps Collection
- Magnolia Doohickey Mini Scallop (die)
- Impression Obsessions Spiral Flowers (for the little white flowers, 1 of 5 dies )
- Impression Obsessions Leafy Branch (die)

Don't forget to head over to the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and see what Suzanne and Patti Jo had created for you. 
A reminder that there is a weekly draw for a Surprise Package Prize just for commenting.  All the comments made on the Tuesday Challenge and "W"ednesday postings on all the DT gals' blogs and the Challenge Blog itself will be entered into the draw.


Challenges I am entering with this card:
Everybody-Art-Challenge #246 - Roses
Addicted To Stamps Challenge #64 - 1-2-3 (1 image, 2 types of embellishments: flowers and pearls, 3 DP's)
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #48 - Fairies and/or butterflies
Totally Gorjuss Challenge 202 - Dotty (the dotted blue DP almost all covered up with flowers..LOL)
Hiding In My Craft Room - HIMCR #116 Lots of layers
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #100 - Winged Things!
Lady Anne's Challenges #6 - Must have wings
Bearly Mine Challenge #105 - Anything Goes
Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - Dies and punches (all my 3 DP's are over a year old, 2 have been discontinued) 
613 Avenue Create Challenge #38 - Anything Goes (or create your own colour challenge)

Thanks so much for dropping by.  Your visit is always very much appreciated by me.  Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week.


Materials and Tools Used:
Sentiments:  Computer generated
DP's:  Creating Keepsakes Argyle Sweater-Blue; The Paper Company Christmas Treasure Gold Swirl; My Mind's Eye Playful Posies paper pad - dotted blue DP
Dies:  Go Kreate Square Frames  Frilly #10; Magnolia Doohickey Mini Scallop; Spellbinders Rose Creations and Classic Ovals; Impression Obsessions Spiral Flowers and Leafy Branch
Punches: Nellie Snellen Floral Punch Large Rose Leaf FLP031
Miscellaneous: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pads Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans; pearls from my stash
Coloring Medium:  Alcohol-ink markers from Letraset - Promarkers and Pantone Trias


36 comments:

Hennie Kloppenburg said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Love the colours and the colouring!
Hennie

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic card Norma
love it
hugs Tamara

Unknown said...

Awesome colouring!!!
Jasmina

Mojca said...

Waw gorgeous as always Norma. Hugs! Mojca

theras kartenblog said...

The card is very beautiful....
Ilse (thera)

Sue said...

This is stunning. I love the image, your colouring is wonderful and the flowers look so beautiful.
Sue xx

Beth Brovold said...

A BEAUTY AGAIN Norma!!!!

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! Norma! love those beautiful shades of blue! Such an adorable image, your card is as gorgeous as ever! it is magical too! Have a nice day!

JenniferD said...

She is just Adorable Love the colours you used on her too!

Baukje said...

Oh Norma I adore absolutely EVERYTHING about this gorgeous card,
the colours, the amazing colouring the beautiful flowers, the gorgeous stamp, the layout, yep EVERYTHING.:))
xBaukjex

julie said...

Gorgeous again x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Norma, I love the blue and brown combo, just beautiful
Hugs Julie P

designermc said...

What a gorgeous card. The coloring is outstanding. I love the colors and overall card design. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Nancy, DT

mgoll88 said...

What a very wonderfull card creation, looks fantastic and great details on the card, love it =)

LG
MIchaela

Cordine said...

gorgeous!
hugs
cordine

Candy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Norma!!
Big Hugs, Candy

Suzi Mac said...

Stunning as always Norma, I love your colourng, layout and that fabulous grass. I need lessons from you.
Hugs
Suzi x

loz said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful image and colors Norma..Loz

Laura said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring is beautiful and I'm always so envious of your flower making abilities.

Hugs!
Laura C.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a wonderful card Norma, I wish I could find such beautiful almost completed images in my stash, lol! Love the LO and the blue and brown combo. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

Hugs
Brenda

Diana Crick said...

Utterly fabulous Norma. She is coloured beautifully and the background is stunning, love the depth you have achieved.
LOVE her!

Lourdes said...

Hi Norma! I'm a new follower and I really admire your work

Probably, it's a stupid question, but I would like to know you make the background for this card. I think is awesome!....if you can make a tutorial for all your followers, it would be a good idea!...

Thank you!

Regards from Spain

Nikki said...

I love this. So soft & pretty. Gorgeous colours and colouring. Beautiful.

Nikki

Susy said...

This is stunning!

HUGS SUSY

Laila B. said...

Gorgeous card!! Fabulous coloring and I loved the background. Simply gorgeous!!!

annemarie said...

ooooh this is gorgeous, so beautiful colored and love the colors you used.

hugs Annemarie

fionalawlor said...

Wow!! This is stunning!! Your colouring is gorgeous and I love all of the beautiful roses :) Thanks so much for joining us for our "Winged Things" challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Karen said...

Gorgeous! Love how you colored the background.

Karen

Dips said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

Chris said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors.

Kjersti said...

Such a beautiful card, gorgeous coloring and lovely details!
Thanks for playing along in the 1,2,3 challenge at ATSC!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Wendy L said...

So gorgeous and cute image, thanks for joining us at Lady Annes this month. xxxx

cabio's craft corner said...

Norma, you coloring is totally gorgeous and all the details on the stunning flowers. Love every single element on this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Christine Dol said...

Oh Norma, its gorgeous! I love all those homemade flowers! Love the blues......love it!

Jenscrapstoo said...

What a fun card, love all the layers!! Simply Adorable Image too!!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

NPurdum56 said...

Such a gorgeous card Norma! I love the colors you used. All the details are just gorgeous! :) Nancee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...