Wednesday, January 09, 2013

You are my Happy!

Hello. 

I've been working on some other stuff that I can't post yet, but finally I have a card that I can show to you now. 

Isn't she adorable?  I love this image.  She is called Up Up and Away.  She is from Magnolia's newest stamp collection, With Love Collection 2013.

The sentiment was a freebie from Create with TLC.  Thanks, Paulette.


The stamp for this image is available from Diana's on-line store, Magnolia-licious.  The images from the newer collections have been coloured up by the DT gals to give you a sample of what they can look like.  Diana has a vast collection of both full-size and mini Magnolia stamps.  If you don't see the one you are looking for in the store, contact Diana and ask her if she can bring it in for you.

Have a look there also at the selection of cutting dies from Magnolia, Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Marianne Design and Cheery Lynn Designs. Diana offers discounted prices, excellent service and you get to earn 2% in-store credit with every purchase--sweet!

In the inside of the card, there are some fancy folds.


A view from a more upper angle.  Love those folds!


This is a new type of card for me and I'm not sure what to call it.  Diana sent me the link to the card that Bente Årstad made HERE.  Bente had provide a template for her card, but the measurements are in metric.  I played around with her template and made my own version for a 6-inch x 6-inch card.

Edited:  I have now made a tutorial for this type of card, templates included.  If you're interested click HERE.
 
I have used another cute image from the same With Love Collection.  This one is called I Am In Love, also available from Magnolia-licious
I have coloured both images using my markers. 


Challenges for this card:
Sketch Saturday Challenges Week #240 - Sketch
Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge #34 - Use dies or punches
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Happy New... (new stash--stamps and DP's)
Dutch Magnolia Chickies Challenge #36 - Anything Goes
Stamp and Create January Challenge - Love
Card Makin' Mamas - Anything Goes
Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge #60 - Something New (new stamps and DP's)
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Tilda's Town Challenge #34 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Appreciate your visit.  Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!


Materials and Tools Used:
DP's:  DCVW The First Noel paper pad
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels Eighteen, Joy Floral Flourishes 6003/0008
Punches:  Martha Stewart Looped Hearts punch edge and Daisy; MGill Jumbo Daisy; Punch Bunch medium Daisy and Ash Leaf, Floral Punches Rose Leaf Jumbo
Miscellaneous:  Ranger Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; pearls from my stash  
Medium:  alcohol-ink based markers--Letraset Promarkers and Pantone Trias (-T); a couple of Shin-Han Touch




53 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Norma ! I agree with Tilda: up up and away, perfect way to start the year!!! She is my favourite of this collection, just so cute. I love the style of this card, offers so much possibilities, such a neat look! both tildas are colored wonderfully and reflects such happiness! Have a lovely day! Hugs.

Laila said...

As always makes you so adorable cards

/Laila

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the way this card opens up and I have to really try to make this. I hope it wasn't too difficult. I am always inspired by you (I must tell you that every time I visit you). Beautiful coloring too Norma! big hugs, Angela

Unknown said...

Oh she is gorgeous as is the card. Love the greens. x

Susy said...

A beautiful card, Norma!

HUGS SUSY

Sonia said...

Woooww...that's a great card. Love all the details and your colorarion.

Hugs,
Sonia

Cordine said...

You are an inspiration Norma! It's gorgeous, love it!
Hugs
Cordine

Mojca said...

Waw amazing card Norma! I love the shape and the both images are so cute :)))) hugs! Mojca

Christina C. said...

OMG, Norma, how do you always manage to come up with the most gorgeous cards?? I always know when I come on your site, I will be WOW'd!
This is a spectacular creation....a fold I have never seen before, but, then again, you always create something new and inspirational! Both of your Tildas are colored to perfection and showcased magnificently. This is an example of absolute perfection!

mgoll88 said...

What a fnaatstic card creation, looks wonderfull!
Perfect styling and great images

LG
Michaela

Anonymous said...

J'adore tes créations. Bonne continuation.

suzanne2 said...

Wow Norma, this is another stunning card! what a beautiful shape and i love your colour combo.

Ivonne said...

Oh wow Norma, this is absolutely stunning. What a great card! Love the layout and the colors. The coloring is amazing as always. Hugs, Ivonne

stampersplus said...

pretty. gotta try the fancy folds,

Hugs,
Liz Holloway

mlarisa said...

Norm, it is great! You always amaze me with their creative cards. Very beautiful colors and sweet Tilda. I hope that you publish a a tutorial and I'll be able to repeat your wonderful idea!

Riet Kamstra said...

Beautiful card creation Norma and I love the folds, the cute images, your coloring.....Love it ALL you did here. Thanks for joining us @ Tilda's Town this week!

Riet xx

Melvin said...

Hi Norma, your card is gourgeous like all your work, but I would like if you would send the measures of this project on inches... Thank you and wish you a happy 2013!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Another fabulous card Norma. Tilda is so cute and the design is unique. I went straight to the link and got the template. Could you tell me what flowers you used, they are gorgeous. ox Marg

Jacqueline Smith said...

Gorgeous card, love the coloring and that fancy fold! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Faye said...

Gorgeous card and image Norma..Loz

Rosie said...

Absolutely amazing as always!!

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Your coloring is fantastic! I love this card so much, super cute :-) The colors used on this card are amazing.
Tabitha's Designs
Your Magnolia Birthday Moderator :)

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Norma, this is just gorgeous. This fold reminds me of a trip shutter card, but of course you have so masterfully altered the dimensions. Fabulous coloring, adorable choice of new images and the dp's are always perfect. Stunning work!

Cathy Lee said...

Fabulous card, Norma. Tilda looks adorable. And love the interactive inside. Fabulous make.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee
Magnolia-licious Designer

Franz♥ said...

Fab work Norma, never seen this structure before, really impressive!


Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week :)

Hugs, Franz.

Candy said...

Norma,
You are brilliant with your special cut cards! This one is a doozer!!
Magnificent colouring !
Big hugs, Candy

Céline said...

Hi Norma
this card is so stunning, love the unusual design ! i need to try ;)
love this cute image too and your coloring is perfect!
hugs
céline
and thanks for playing with us at tilda's town this week

Crafteezee said...

Very inspiring Norma, love this card and yes you have to love that Tilda.
Great colouring.
Hugs Tracy x

Rene said...

She is my FAVORITE from the new collection! She looks amazing...that layout is fabulous! Love the colors too!
Rene :D

Cami said...

Another gorgeous creation with a very neat fold. You are great at figuring out the dimensions.

Hugs,
Cami

Sinikka said...

What a fantastic card. Love the Tilda on the front.
Hugs Sinikka

NPurdum56 said...

It's GORGEOUS! I love the inside! Your cards are all simply amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! You have colored the images so beautifully and your design is amazing as always.

Karen

Stempelhexe said...

What A great card you have made . Thanks you for joining us at the Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia challenge ,.

hugs
Ulla

Kelly said...

Love your design Norma! They are so darling too!
Hugs Kelly

cabio's craft corner said...

LOVE this fancy card folds. I am so lazy doing fancy fold cards and always love to sit in front of my laptop and admire others. Thanks for always giving me the inspirations and I defintely will have to put this one on my to do list :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

EnblogSail said...

Wow! Fantastic fold! I would love to try this out!
Caryl

Karen said...

Ooooo....this is gorgeous too! : )

Janine - Ellabella said...

fabulous cards Norma ... great paper piecing and layouts!

Betty J Schaub said...

Wowza!This one blew me away. I love your color combo.

Plony said...

Wowwww, a lovely card.....well done Norma. Thanx for joining us at DMCC, hugs Plony.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card fold Norma, Just beautiful
Hugs julie P

Marianne said...

I love your card, great colours.
Thank you for joining us at DMCC.
Greetings, Marianne

Laura Love said...

This is so pretty! I love everything about it :) You did an amazing job! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

Magda said...

Great creation Norma!
Beautiful colors and special shape.
Thank you for joining us at DMCC
Kind regards
Magda

Betty J Schaub said...

Would you be willing to share your measurements for this card? I am useless when it comes to converting centimeters to inches. You an e-mail me at 2schaubs@sbcglobal.net
Thanks.

Shanna Shands said...

I really like your fun fold on this card. You did awesome with the coloring. Thanks for sharing at LRS.

Tracey T said...

What a fabulous card! The inside is really unusual and would be a lovely surprise for the recipient. Thank you for playing at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia. Tracey x

Anneke. said...

Great card, Norma!!! Lovely colors and details.
Thank you for joining us at DMCC.
Anneke.

miriam said...

wat een prachtige kaart en leuk model
bedankt voor je deelname aan DMCC
groetjes miriam

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute, love how you colored her up and the fabulous card design. Those flowers are amazing!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Becky said...

Absolutely stunning
Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
Lovely Hänglar Only and Sweet Magnolia
Hugs, Becky x

mae said...

Soooo gorgeous, Norma! You never fail to blow me away! Thank you for joining us this month at Stamp and Create Challenge!
xx,
Mae

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...