Sunday, June 03, 2012

1st Christmas Card for the Year

Hello.

Woo-hoo...finally!  I have finished a Christmas card.  This is my first one for the year!!!  Yikes, I am sooo... behind schedule--I'm ashamed of myself.


I've used my markers to colour the images for this card.  This cutie pie is called Tilda With Snow Heart from Magnolia's Sweet Christmas Dreams Collection 2011.

This is another swing card that I have made with a shaped swing/centre panel.  I have used the Spellbinders Grand Labels Eleven here.
 



The first swing card with a shaped swing/centre panel I made was a couple of postings ago, or HERE.  For that one I used a different shaped die.  This card is actually the result of a tutorial I am working on, as a couple of people have asked me to do one--I am happy to do it.  The tute is on cutting the shape using your die-cutting machine--not by hand.  I am still working on writing the step-by-step instructions and still have the cropping of the pictures to do.  Come back if you are interested later on--most likely tomorrow...LOL.  

Edited:  I've finished my tutorial now.  To see it, click HERE.   

This adorable gal is called Winter Tilda from the same Magnolia collection as the one above is from.  
Check out Diana's on-line store Magnolia-licious for your source of Magnolia stamps.  Diana has a large selection of both full-size and mini stamps.    


Challenges for this card:
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #166 - Photo Inspiration (lots of blues)
Let's Ink It Up Challenge #24 - Use your favorite embellishments (handmade flowers/snowflakes, pearls)
Fussy and Fancy Friday Week #64 - Swirls and Flourishes
Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar Week 159 - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz Week #21 - Bling
Oldie but A Goodie Challenge - Anything Goes (the ChatterBox DP is discontinued, so it's very old)
Hooked on Craft Challenge #22 - All That Glitters
Deep Ocean Challenge #26 - Swirls

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.  I'm very appreciative of your visit and your lovely comments.  Have a wonderful week!



Materials and Tools Used:

Sentiment Stamp:  Inkadinkado 'Joy, Peace, Love Mini' clear stamp
DP:  ChatterBox Denim Tweed
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Labels Eleven, Classic Ovals Grommet Tags; Crealis Creative Flowers No. 18; Magnolia Doohickey Swirl
Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Walnut Stainand Faded Jean; pearls, blings/rhinestones, glitter from my stash. 
Medium:  Letraset Promarkers and Tria Markers
- face and skin--blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla, oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair and boots--(1st Tilda) walnut, terracotta, spice, apricot, (2nd Tilda) umber, cinnamon, tan
- blue clothing-- midnight blue, cornflower, denim blue, powder blue
- green clothing--olive green, marsh green, moss, 617-T
- background--5503-T, 5507-T, 5527-T
- ground--cool grey 1 & 3, warm grey 5





33 comments:

Bribrie said...

J'adore ! Superbe réalisation tout en douceur

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a beautiful Christmas card. I think the lucky recipient will treasure it forever. To me, you are actually way ahead of schedule. Thanks for the inspiration. I need to get started on my Christmas cards too.

Unknown said...

Wow oh wow, stunning creation. Love the colour combo and those super gorgeous snowflakes. Thanks for taking part in our challenge this month at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Maria Therese said...

Fabulous card! Love your colouring and your awesome snowflakes!

Esther said...

Woww I like al the cards in this shape youve made.
Can you maybe tell me how to make something like these??
Thanks already.

Grtz Esther

Louise said...

Gorgeous card Norma, I love the colors and your snowflakes are awesome
Louise

Astrid said...

Fabulous card Norma, love your colouring !!

hugs Astrid

Christy Designs said...

wow..... this is so beautiful !!
Love your color & design

dolcreations said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card Norma. The homemade snowflakes are to die for! You have coloured Tilda to perfection. Now I MUST be motivated to start on my Christmas cards!

Danielle Champagne said...

OMG... how pretty and adorable! I'm out of words. I love the clean look of your card, and this wonderful swirls decorated with the most beautiful snowflakes I have ever seen. tilda is wonderfully colored, Awesome Norma, perfectly awesome.
Have a nice day. Hugs.

Nicola said...

Adorable swing card Norma with two perfectly coloured Tildas and amazing attention to detail! I look forward to your next tutorial....
Thanks for entering Fussy and Fancy's Swirls and Flourishes challenge this fortnight and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Joyce said...

Love the "swing" cards and this Christmas one is fabulous. You will catch up. Look forward to the tutorial!!

Pam said...

Gorgeous card Norma....looking foward to the tutorial.
Hugs....Pam:)

Rene said...

This is, as always, a stunning creation from you! I am loving the dark blue and this Tilda is one of my favorites. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I'm so redundant when I visit your blog...need a thesaurus!
Rene ;D

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, STUNNING! Each one keeps getting more and more beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous and your dp's are perfecto on this card. I, for one, and totally ready for the Tute when you get it done...never grow tired of your amazing talent, girl!
Hugs...Barb <><

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful project -Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight for our anything goes challenge
LISA X

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Norma! Perfect take on the photo, Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
Hugs Julie P

Karen said...

Gorgeous card!!! Can't imagine making Christmas cards in this heat! : )

cabio's craft corner said...

Norma, this card is absolutely gorgeous. Love the dark base background coloring. The swirling and those flowers look so elegant. Beautiful swing ways on displaying the different stamps. Great work :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

Norma,
What a beautiful card!!!
Love the swing card - though I have no idea how to make them. Your snowflakes are a work of art!
Big hugs, Candy

Chris said...

Sweet Norma,

Your card is just lovely, as usual. Your Tilda is colored perfectly. I love the design that you chose to use. Thank you so much for joining us at Hooked on Craft Challenges!

XO,
Chris

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Love the snow flakes.So pretty, love your card design.
Blessings Doreen

Karen said...

Beautiful card! The blue paper gives the feel of fabric. Awesome combination.

Karen

Kelly said...

Your card is not pitiful, its is as gorgeous as the rest you make. I love the snowflakes on the sparkly swirls and the deep blue color is gorgeous. Tilda is fabulous as I really enjoy your coloring.

Elle said...

WTG getting a head start on your Christmas cards with this beautiful, beautiful card. Nice work!

cathylynn said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors and gosh those flowers and swirls are totally awesome! Your coloring is fabulous as ever! Another masterpiece!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Susan Hogan said...

Norma this is absolutely stunning - those flowers! OMG! Thanks for joining in the fun at Lets Ink It Up this month and sharing your favourite embellies!

Christina C. said...

WOW....Norma, this is an incredible work of art!!!! I can't wait for the upcoming tutorial....adore this card style!!!!!! The snowflakes are exquisite with the swirl....a breathtaking Christmas creation!!!!

Laura said...

Oh Norma! What can I say that doesn't sound like a broken record? Stunning, gorgeous, superb, fantastic, beautiful, incredible, lovely, adorable... I will try the swing card one day, and I will say that your tutorial is very easy to follow. Thank you so much for sharing!

♥ Laura C.

Cathy Lee said...

Lovely swing card, Norma. Both Tildas are colored beautifully and awesome design.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Love the swirls and the snowflake embellishments. Thank you for sharing and joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Awesome card!!!! What an amazing design and your embellies are beutiful and well put together! Thanks for sharing in Let’s Ink It Up’s *Use Your Favorite Embellishment* challenge and good luck !

Hugzzz

Tammy, LIIU DT at Créations LaDiva :) xx

MontanA said...

I can just imagine the delight of the person who opens the envelope containing this card!! Fabulous!
Hugs MontanA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...