Thursday, May 31, 2012

Shaped Easel Card

Hello.
I've got my latest card to show you.  Whenever I don't have a special occasion to make the card for, I usually like to make birthday cards, as those are always in demand...LOL.


The image I've used here is of Tilda With Apple from Magnolia's Sweet Crazy Love Collection 2012. I've altered the image a bit.  In the original image, Tilda has an apple with an arrow through it on her head.  I've also done some masking and stamp a background image of Open Gate from the Hoppy Easter Collection 2010.
I've done the colouring using my Letraset Promarkers and Trias markers.


I've made this into an easel card as I haven't done one of those for quite a while now.


Views from different angles...



The image beside the sentiment is of the Mini Tilda With Heart from the You Are So Special - Mini Collection 2011.  All the images I've used here are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store.  She has an excellent selection of other Magnolia images also, both full-size and mini-size, as well as other crafting tools including those exquisite Memory Box and PoppyStamps dies.
  

Challenges I am entering with this card:
Totally Gorjuss Challenge 133 - Something New (my new item is the Crealis Creative Flower dies No. 05)
Allsorts Challenge Week 156 - Happy Birthday to Someone Special
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund Challenge #48 - Nellie Snellen and/or Layers ( I went with the Layers challenge)
Divas by Design Challenge #37 - Anything Goes
Paper Play Challenges Week 22 - Double Delight (I used 2 stamps to create the scene on the front of the card)
Dutch Dare Card Challenge #167 - Pearls and Swirls

That's all for now.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  You visit is very much appreciated.  I'm also thankful for each and every comment--I do enjoy reading them and am encouraged by them.

Woo-hoo....it's Friday, so weekend coming up!!!  Enjoy your day and have a wonderful weekend.


Materials and Tools Used:

Sentiment Stamp:  Inkadinkado 'Have a Great Birthday'

DP's:  Basic Grey eva/courtier; from DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl paper pad

Dies:  Go Kreate Square Frames Frilly #3 and #5; Crealis Creative Flowers No. 05; Marianne Design Flowers and Leaves LR0156; Memory Box Honeysuckle Vine; Nellie Snellen Corner 2 MFD031

Punches:  Nellie Snellen Floral Punch Stamen

Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Vintage Photo, pearls from my stash

Medium:  Letraset Promarkers and Tria markers
- face and skin--blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla, oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair and shoes--umber, burnt sierra, cinnamon, tan
- gate--burnt sierra, caramel, sandstone
- dress, socks and flowers--antique pink, 176-T, 1767-T, baby pink, pale pink
- leaves, ground and grass--olive green, moss, 617-T, forest green
- background sky and clouds--pastel blue, powder, blue, cool grey 1 and 3



47 comments:

Grandma Bonnie said...

Your blog popped up in my Google reader as the first blog to read..and i must say..i was floored by this card and have pinned it to Pinterest..i love it!

Alina said...

absolutely beautiful card, I love everything about it!
hugs, Alina

Elizabeth said...

Stunning card, Norma! I love the colors and the flowers and the way you use the mini! Georgeous!
Hugs, Elizabeth

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

Such a lovely card.
Hugs Miranda

creacora said...

Wow Norma this is a amazing card love Tilda without her apple and the flowers wow Gorgeous !!

greetzz Cora

Martina said...

Wow...this looks really great! my first thought was...hm...what Tilda is this? A new one? Where can I get it? ;) LOL But then I read your lines and ...ahh....this Tilda! It really lokks like it belongs to the gate! You have made a fabulous job!! Love that card!
Martina

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, sweet color combo, love Magnolia image and amazing flowers.

Debbie said...

A stunning card Norma. I love the easle style, very nice and the papers, image and colouring are just lovely. Debbiexx

Unknown said...

Oh my! Lovely...hugs! Leah Ann

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Totally wonderful! I love the altered Tilda, the colors and everything ♥.

Hugs
Jay Jay

Anne said...

This is fantastic! Love the images, gorgeous background and coloring, and the mini Tilda fits so perfectly!

Great papers and shapes, and beautiful flowers. :)

Hugs, Anne.

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Norma, wow what a stunning card!!!! your so clever!

Berry said...

This is just wonderful sweetie love it thanks for playing at Divas hugs rebekah xx

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card, it's stunning!
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Dena said...

Norma! Always something inspiring here!!!! LOVE the shaped easel and the way you used the tiny Tilda on the inside! LOVE your flowers too!
Hugs, Dena

Danielle Champagne said...

Absolutely beautiful Norma. how inspiring. those flowers are just awesome, so is your image, your coloring is divine. look at those clouds, and this pretty tilda, I was asking myself Who she was?? LOL. Very very beautiful. Hugs.

Sheri said...

Oh..my...goodness! Amazing card and your flowers are seriously stunning Norma! Thank you so much for joining us at PaperPlay Challenges! :)

cabio's craft corner said...

Definitely a darling easel card Norma. Love the sweet way you used those dies and flowers combo. Your clouds and doodle grass are gorgeous on this Tilda card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, this is TOTALLY GORGEOUS AND STUNNING. You did an amazing job.

Maris said...

hi Norma, how are you ??
wowowow what a stunning creatian again, love the flowers and the shapes, its a present to get this for your birthday xx

Patti Jo said...

Hey Norma!!! Another B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L creation!!! I like her even better without the apple on her head!!! :) Gorgeous flowers and love the wonderful shape of your card!!! That gate is one of my favorites! Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning Norma, Your clouds are amazing another gorgeous creation my friend
Hugs Julie P

Cheryl said...

Stunning card Norma, love your amazing creations!
Hugs Cheryl

Louise said...

Fabulous Easel card Norma, I so love the color combo of pink and green and your handmade flowers are awesome
Louise

Karen said...

This is absolutely stunning!!!

Christina C. said...

OMG.....Gasping.....this is sooo incredibly GORGEOUS, Norma!!!! I love EVERYTHING about this beauty...the gorgeous shape, the beautiful Tilda and the ever stunning handmade flowers!!!!
What a magnificent work of art you created here!!!!!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous! I love how she is leaning into the fence and the flowers going up the one side.

Steph Ackerman said...

stunning, love it.

dolcreations said...

Wow..Norma this is stunning. I love the way you have masked the fence so Tilda is on the side! I love your clouds. Amazing!

Cathy Lee said...

Stunning card, Norma. I love your background; it really makes Tilda pop of the page. Lovely flowers too; totally gorgeous overall.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Suzan L said...

Oh My Goodness Norma, you have created another breathtaking card!! I love the scene you have created. The clouds in the background are amazing!! And, the flowers that you have created are gorgeous as well! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Suzan

Patricia said...

She is absolutely gorgeous Norma. Love it.

cathylynn said...

What a fabulous shaped easel card and your coloring is fantastic! Love Tilda without the arrow and those flowers are Gorgeous!
You ROCK once again!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning! The scene you have created is gorgeous. The colors and the flowers are beautiful. You are one talented lady.

Karen

Elle said...

OMG your card is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE everything about it.

Candy said...

Absolutely AMAZING work!!
Norma, the sky is awesome, simply awesome.
Love this very beautiful card. Your flowers are wonderful, and I love the design :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Cami said...

Gorgeous! Another beautiful card and great masking. She's a cutie without the apple and arrow on her head! Love your flowers (again!) and the pretty DPs. Always a pleasure to see your creations!

Hugs,
Cami

Hannelie said...

Norma, I just cannot add anything to all above comments... except for thanking you that you shared this beauty with us at DDCC!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

OH Norma you BLOW MY BREATH AWAY!!!

I really don't blog and visit anymore :(

I got so committed to too many DT's but I guess that's good in a way LOL! I do miss visiting my friends and now and then I'll pop on one out of the moon lol!

So I've popped in on you tehee!

I have forgotten how UTTERLY GORGEOUS your work is.I kept scrolling down in awe and drooling btw lol!
The small simple details you take to make a card explode with creativity is just talent.ALL I COULD SAY WAS WOW!

Ok hun just wanted to leave you some love and keep creating please. You reminded me why I really like to do cards.

THANKS FOR THE OUTSTANDING
INSPIRATION

Xo
Ruby

Laura Bradley said...

This is gorgeous Norma! Love your cards! Laura x

There is a DT call at my new challenges blog http://songbirdchallenges.blogspot.com if you are interested x

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my!! I've spent ages looking at this beautiful creation. The shape, colouring, flowers. It's all perfect.
Hugs
Suzi x

Rene said...

Oh my oh my oh my...this is absolutely STUNNING!!!!! What a gorgeous creation Norma...just amazing!
Rene :D

Jean said...

Hi Norma, this is another gorgeous shaped Easel card.. Love your coloring and your flowers are so beautiful.. I really think I am calling you the "Easel girl" as you make the most beautiful ones. And done't forget my birthday is coming up!!! (in 6 months LOL) I adore this Tilda leaning on the open fence and your background sky is so beautiful. Love the mini Maggie on the bottom it is so special.. a goreous card as usual.
Hugs, Jean

Pam said...

So pretty Norma....I love your shaped cards.
Hugs....Pam:)

Frances said...

Such a sweet card! Love all the soft coloring,Great design, and those flowers are gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund hugs, Frances.

Kreativtheke said...

Hello from Germany,

this card ist very very nice!!!

Céline said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the shape of this one, I'm going to remember this to make one for my own. Thanks for joining us this week at DDCC!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...