Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bee Happy - Magnolia-lious May Inspiration Challenge

Hello.
It's time for a new inspiration challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.  Here's the card that I came up with...


Maria is our May hostess and she has chosen this picture for your inspirations.  I hope you will join us in our challenge and for more inspiration hop over to the challenge blog HERE and check out the fabulous cards of my DT teamates.


I am seeing a lot of black, black frames, embossing and a variety of colours.  So I have put those elements into colouring my images and the design of my card.  This is of course a side step card.  And here viewed from a different angle...


I've been looking at all the way that people have been colouring this Magnolia image of Honeybee Tilda.  Mostly she was coloured either all in yellow or in yellow-and-black stripes all over.  In keeping with the inspiration picture, I used a lot of black instead.  I was trying to make her look like a real bee.  LOL...me thinks she looks like a Michelin man.
The background image is called Meadow Daisy from the same collection.
The images for this card were done with coloured pencils except for the dotted background which was done with markers. I've added glitter to the wings.


Both the Tilda and the background images are from the Summer Memories Collection 2012 and both are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store.  Click HERE to go to her store and also check out other adorable images from Magnolia, both full-size and mini-size.

I had time to finish the inside of my card this time, so I've decorated it this way.


I found another Tilda image to put in the inside that I thought would match the one in front.  This is Tilda With Bee from the Chasing Butterflies Collection 2009.


Challenges I am entering with this card: 
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #164 - In the Garden
Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - Things With Wings (my punches, DP and Happy stamp are older than 6 months)
Craft a Scene - Spring Flowers
Crafty Calender Challenge - Things With Wings 
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #133 - Girlie Time
Fairy Tale Challenge #40 - Things with Wings
Tilda's Town Challenge #1 - Anything Goes 

That's it!  Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by.  You visit is always appreciated.  Have a wonderful week!


Materials and Tools Used: 
Other Stamp used (other than mentioned above):  Stampendous! Happy Word

DP:  one paper from Me&My BIG Ideas paper pad

Embossing folder:  Cuttlebug Musical Flourish

Dies:  Spellbinders Labels Twenty Two, Labels Eighteen, Classic Ovals; Crealis Creative Flowers No. 06; Joy! Craft Floral Flourishes

Punches:  EK Success medium Retro Flower; Martha Stewart Hydrangea petals; Nellie Snellen Extra Large Leaf; Punch Bunch medium Ash Leaf

Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; pearls and glitter from my stash  


39 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fantastic side step card Norma, and gorgeous colouring, love the dots around Tilda, and beautiful flowers...fabulous shape..Love the inside too..fabulous work.

luv CHRISSYxx

Cami said...

Gorgeous! Wow Norma, this card is so beautiful, and I really love this "natural" black Honeybee Tilda...she looks great sitting on top of that Meadow Daisy flower. And your flowers, how I love your flowers! I think you need to do a tutorial on how you make them. I can buy tons of flower dies but they don't come out as pretty as yours!

Hugs,
Cami

Louise said...

Wow beautiful card
Hugs louise xx

Maris said...

hi Norma, great creation is this xx

Sharon said...

Oh Norma, you rock girl! This is absolutely FABULOUS. What else can I say. Love it! hugs Sharon

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, this is TOTALLY over-the-top. Simply GORGEOUS.

Céline said...

really stunning love the design
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

cathylynn said...

Well Norman this is another PHENOMENAL Creation!!!! WOW girl you totally ROCK!!!! Fabulous!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Candy said...

Norma!!
FANTASTIC creation.
Your beautiful colouring and your awesome handmade flowers jump right out.
I am stunned by all of your creations!!!!!
Big hugs, Candy

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, your card is gorgeous!! It definitely made me happy to see your card. I think that you have colored Tilda so bee-utifully. You made me laugh with your comment though! I love how you did the background as well! The handmade flowers are also so beautiful!!
Hugs,
Suzan

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful Norma, That big pink flower is stunning, would love to know how you make these. Thanks so much for joining in our very first challenge at Tildas Town
Hugs julie P

Jane said...

Wow Norma! This is stunning! love all the touches of black and Tilda does look like a real bee - I love all the black on her! Great idea to use the Tilda with Bee on the inside - I love it! hugs, Jane x

Mandy said...

Oh wow Norma your card is beautiful, so sweet and pretty and I do love the flowers you make
hugs Mandy xx

Rene said...

Norma this is bee-a-utiful! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us at our first ever Tilda's Town Challenge!!!!
Rene :D

Sharon Caudle said...

I really love black on a card, Norma! It makes everything just pop! Your card is stunning! You have such a knack for color choices and combinations! And your designs are always so beautiful!! This is no exception! Love your coloring and everything else too! Amazing!
hugs, Sharon

Sylvia said...

WOW, WOW, Norma, this is .......gorgeous, spectacular. Amazing beautiful and a lot more!!
xxxSylvia

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Norma! I recognize your incredible signature all over this card! It's just amazing! I had to laugh when you said she looked like the Michelin Man! You're so funny! Your coloring is beautiful and I just love that you've finished the inside or back of the card just as sweetly as the front. Fabulous work! Hugs...Barb <><

Suzi Mac said...

This is utterly adorable Norma, I love your colouring of these beautiful images. The LO and papers are so perfect along with those gorgeous flowers.
Hugs
Suzi x

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Norma your card is fabulous. Love the super wonderful card design.
Great job.
Blessings Doreen

Peggie said...

Oh my! There is so much to love about this card. The scene is great as is the coloring. Love the flowers and just everything.

Christina C. said...

This is drop-dead gorgeous, Norma!
You always come up with the most amazing designs, executed to perfection! Love the two Tildas you paired...perfect! A work of art, as always!

Rosa said...

What a beautiful card! I love the shape and the black frames. And everything else also :-)

Tina Makuc said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Norma!!!
Thanks for joining in our first challenge at Tilda's Town.
Hugs, Tina

Anonymous said...

OMG Norma, you never disappoint. Every surface is covered beautifully and all the images beautifull colored. Another work of art. Really lovin this! ;) hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

One more thing Norma. I wish you'd do a tutorial on that pretty flower with the pearl in the center. I absolutely love the way that flower looks! ;) hugs, Angela

cabio's craft corner said...

Norma, I just LOVE the soft coloring you did on both of these Tilda images. My goodness, how long does it take you to make the flowers, they are stunning girlfriend!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Karen said...

Stunning! Your design is gorgeous. You have colored your images so beautifully. I have to get these stamps.

Fabulous work!

Karen

Pam said...

BEE-utiful card Norma...Love your coloring. The flowers are awesome too!
Hugs....Pam:)

Christy Designs said...

Your card is fabulous as always !!

shulsart said...

Adorable card and cute little scene you have created. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Craft a Scene challenge blog.

Patti Jo said...

Norma, you never cease to amaze me!!! Exquisite work as always, you just know how to put EVERYTHING together!!! Gorgeous!!!

Linda Palmer said...

This is so beautiful!! I love your card, gorgeous design and coloring.

Pia S said...

You have made a beautiful card! Sweet Tilda (not the Michelin man) and lovely flowers and design!

Delphine said...

A Michelin man??? Your Tilda is so cute, I love how you have coloured her, Norma! Gorgeous details and flowers and I love your design! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our first challenge and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

NancyD said...

I think you accomplished your goal of coloring her a little more real. She looks great as well as her surroundings. Great card shape too. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene Challenges. NancyD

Maria Therese said...

Stunning card ♥♥

XxJULESxX said...

wow stunning again Norma!!

Ann Marie Governale said...

What a lovely card! Love the flowers. Thanks so much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sundays... Good luck! xxx Ann Marie

Cathy Lee said...

Stunning work of art, Norma. Your coloring is awesome and I love the design.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...