Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Thank You side step card

Hello!  It's a new month, so it's a new colour challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.  Here's what  I came up with for my DT card. 


Honestly, I don't think I've ever made a more colourful card than this...LOL.  Tracy is our hostess for the month of April and her challenge is to use BRIGHT COLOURS.  Here's her picture to inspire you...


I hope you will join us in the challenge.  For more inspirations, hop over to the challenge blog HERE and have a look at the fabulous cards of my DT teamates.

This is of course another front panel side step card.  Except this time rather than using the usual template, I've played around with the measurements and widen the side panels as well as the bottom one.  The card is actually 7 inches across.   Another view of the card from a different angle--more to the side...   



I am featuring a couple of Magnolia images here.  This adorable gal is Kneeling Tilda from the Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011.  The flowery background is from the Sweet Crazy Love Collection 2012 called Tilda's Heart Flowers.  Colouring is done using my Letraset Promarkers and Tria markers.


Magnolia stamps are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store.  She has a large selection of the full-size stamps, as well as the mini stamps.  Also check out the selection of dies there.  I especially love the exquisite Memory Box and Poppy Stamps dies.  I am using one of them here, the Memory Box Honeysuckle Vine--isn't it gorgeous?  The dies are so popular that Diana has to keep restocking them--you have to be quick in ordering to get them...LOL!  And she is constantly bringing new ones in too. I just can't get enough!!!

Here's a view of the inside of the card.  



This Tilda is from one of Magnolia's older collections.  She is called Wrapped Tilda from the So Jolly & Under The Mistletoe Collection 2009.  The original image has Tilda wearing a huge bow on her back, but I've cut it out for this card.  



I am entering the following challenges with this card: 
Dutch Dare Card Challenge #159 - Fancy Folds
Cupcake Craft Challenge #187 - Spring is in the Air
Stamp and Create April Challenge - Spring 
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #27 - Spring/Easter
Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar Challenge #151 - Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund Challenge #44 - Shades of Spring
I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge #111 - Springtime

That's it for me today.  Thanks for taking the time to drop by.  I appreciate the visit.  Get creative and have a wonderful week!


Materials and Tools Used:

Sentiment Stamp:  Just Rite Smile Set; Inkadinkado 'Thanks for thinking of me'

DP's:  Basic Grey Marrakech Masala Bella; DCWV 'Tis the Season Stack paper pad

Dies:  Spellbinders Labels Fifteen; Memory Box Honeysuckle Vine; Joy! Crafts Branches

Punches:  EK Success retro flower medium; McGill Petite Perfect Petals; Martha Stewart Rose Leaf

Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad vintage Photo; pearls from my stash

Medium:  Letraset Promarkers and Trias



46 comments:

mgoll88 said...

A wonderfull card!
Love the images you used and the coloring is perfect!

LG
Michaela

Cami said...

Another gorgeous front panel side step card, Norma! Love the shape here and the pretty DPs. Of course, your floral arrangement is always a lovely touch!

Hugs,
Cami

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful ♥

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
Another beautiful creation from you. I hope your Easter break was restful and relaxing.I love what you did with wrapped Tilda by taking her bow off. What a good idea. I might pinch this one. I love how you colored her dress. So soft. I love the front with the big flowers behind kneeling Tilda. I don't have this stamp or the flowers. They go so nice together.
Your flowers are always a joy to see.
Hugs Maz

aureliaeugenia said...

Love this card model!It's so cute and colourful and I love it a lot !
Happy Easter !
hugs,aureliaeugenia

Maria said...

Gorgeous side step card Norma! Loving your colouring and of course the overall layout of the card is fabulous! Hugs, Maria

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous card Norma. I just LOVE your beautiful shading on these Tildas. Very lovely work!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Nicola said...

Wow, such a beautiful card Norma, love the colours, shape, perfectly coloured images and the fact it's decorated inside and out - gorgeous!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Jane said...

Wow! this is stunning Norma! I love the images combined and love how you decorated the inside! hugs, Jane x

febe said...

Awesome side step cards with the colors, papers and the cute little Tilda. :)

gym advertising

Louise said...

Very pretty card, love your coloring
Louise

Berit said...

This is gorgeus! Lovely colours and great colouring! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.
Berit:)

Ann-Marie said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the shape and beautiful colouring. Thank you for lots of inspiration your blog provides. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Hannelie said...

Gorgeous detail and perfectly colored!
Thanks for sharing it with us at DDCC!
Hannelie

Teri said...

OMG!! This is absolutely stunning, Norma!! I am usually using pastels, and this has made me want to pull out some bright colors!!! And I don't think I've ever realized that the side step card can actually have an inside!! Everything is done perfectly... so much attention to detail!!! And your coloring.... gorgeous!!! I really, really love this!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous step card, so glad you joined us at 7 Kids. Hope to see you again.

Hugs
Debbie

Creations by Shirl said...

Very pretty Norma...
love the way you got Tilda on this side step card... Adorable!

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, Your card is gorgeous inside and out!! I love the scene that you have created and your coloring is always so gorgeous along with the flowers that you make! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Suzan

Brodders said...

Beautiful work:) Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Crafts and good luck - Jane x

Unknown said...

What a fantastic take on the side step card design!!! And who would have thought to put those paper patterns together??? But they sure to work!! Love your creative and pretty design!!

Craftbugmum said...

WOW I don't know what to say this is stunning. Norma all your creations are lovely. Your cards are beautiful. I love this stepper card shape and may even have a go at creating something. It will never be as good as yours.
Thanks for sharing this with us all.
hugs
Fi xx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous design this is Norma! I love the combination of papers and all the brilliant colors. Stunning work as always! hugs, Angela

Candy said...

Awesome card, Norma!!!
I love the brightness of it. Fab papers and handmade flowers.
Beautiful work :o)
Hugs, Candy

Dorte said...

Beautiful spring card with a lot of pretty details. Your colouring is amazing!
Thank you for sharing with us at DDCC this time.
Dorte,x

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Norma......beautiful card... papers and colors are perfect with your beautiful colored image!!!
hugs....

Peggie said...

How adorable. Love the bright colors. It is great inside and out.

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome! Awesome, awesome, awesome! There is not left to say except it's A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!Hugs...Barb <><

Sandy said...

Beautiful card - I love your papers. Very unique and creative. I love it!
sandy

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Norma, I really love all the wonderful folds you use on your creations
Hugs julie P

Karen said...

Great card Norma! Love all the swirls!!

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my goodness Norma, this is so gorgeous, Love the shape, papers and those sweet Tildas. A fabulous creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

sara said...

beautiful card love the fold design thanks so much for joining us at just magnolia this week
hugs sara x x

cathylynn said...

Norma you have my vote for "QUEEN of Shaped Cards". WOW this is another fantastic creation and the colors are magnificient. All fabulous as always!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Unknown said...

Well Norma you have done it again!!!! Such a stunning design!!!!! Love it!!!!! Spectacular work!!!!!

Elle said...

The best of the best!

Catherine said...

This is so cute, loving the colours....

Christina C. said...

WOW, WOW, WOW.....Norma! Once again, you have created an amazing work of art! This is breathtakingly gorgeous....love, love the cute Tilda and all the gorgeous papers and details. Love this amazing card style!

Sylvia said...

I am totally in love with your creation Norma. I am speechless. The DP's are gorgeous so are all the details.
xxxSylvia

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR CARD!!! The papers you used are so gorgeous. The design and all the details are wonderful. I generally don't like bright colors, but this dispelled that notion! GREAT CREATION!!!

Danielle Champagne said...

Just so sweet Norma. I love your card so much. gorgeous choice of paper, and most lovely coloring., Have a nice weekend. Hugs.

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Totally fabulous card, so full of color. Wow super card.
Blessings, Doreen

Mandy said...

Well sweet Norma you have done it again, your card is absolutely gorgeous, your colouring always brings the images to life :)
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
hugs Mandy xx

Delphine said...

WOW, Norma! This is so beautiful! gorgeous colours and I LOVE your card designs, always so original and elegant! Have a lovely Sunday! Hugs Delphine xx

arjette said...

Your card is beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at ATSC!!

gr. arjette.

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully done.

Karen

Diana Crick said...

I am the VERY PROUD owner of this card. I was so thrilled that Norma sent this to me. Yes it is colourful for sure, magnificently so. I adore it. So does my little granddaughter.
I do love it. Thank you again Norma.
Diana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...