Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter Secret Box

Hello!  

Today's the 4th Tuesday of the month!  That means it's time for a new inspiration challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. This is my DT project for the Challenge.  

front and side


 back and side


This project is inspired by this photo chosen by the lovely Angela, who is our hostess for the month of March.  To me this picture screams EASTER!  Easter eggs, pastel colours, spring, flowers...


What does this photo inspire YOU to create?  I hope you will join us in our challenge.  To inspire you even further, check out the fabulous creations of my DT teamates at the Challenge Blog HERE.  There is a prize of a $25 gift certificate from Magnolia-licious.

Here's a picture of the top of the box.  Sitting here is Tilda and Her Bunny.  This image is from Magnolia's  Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011.



On two sides of the box--opposing sides--I have a Tilda image each.  This one below is Tilda With Hanging Rabbit.  She is also from the Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011.



And this one is Teddy Bear Love from the Princes and Princesses Collection 2012.


The stamps for all these adorable images are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store for anything and everything Magnolia.  She has a huge collection of their full-size and mini stamps. Check them out and while you're on site, don't overlook those Memory Box and Poppystamps dies--they're exquisite!

The other two sides of my box have this same floral arrangement.



Heather Perreaux calls this her 'Secret Box'.  Secreted inside the box are 3 trays.  I think this is so cool!  I think I am going to make a couple more of these boxes for Easter.



Heather has a tutorial on a how to make a 3-inch cube box at the Splitcoaststamper website HERE.  And I did make her box first, but the box was too small--those yummy Lindt Easter eggs just wouldn't fit...LOL.  So based on the same the concept, I made a this box that is 1 1/2 times higher.  And...woo-hoo... the eggs now fit!  Also I can now use the standing Tildas to decorate the box.



Do you recognize the background DP's that I used on the sides and the inside of the box?  If you're a Maggie lover, they should look familiar to you.



LOL...reduce reuse recycle.  I have LOTS of these.   
I hope you will join us in our challenge.  For more inspirations, please visit our challenge site HERE and check out the fabulous creations of our DT team.  The prize for this challenge is a $25 gift certificate from Magnolia-licious.


As for me, I am entering the following challenges with this Easter Secret Box:
Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 139 - Bingo (lace--dies/punches--ribbons)
Colour Create Challenge #92 - Pink, Blue, Sage and Cream/White
Paper Sundaes Challenge #113 - Spring Blossoms
Simply Magnolia - Dies/Punches/Ribbon Challenge
Simon Says Stamps - Bingo (flower, lace, ribbon/twine)
Cute Card Thursday Challenge 209 - Anything Goes
Stamping' for the Weekend Challenge 6 - Anything Goes
Just Magnolia hAnglar & sTanglar Week 148 - More Than One Fold
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Challenge - Easter
Oldie But a Goodie Challenge - Easter Wishes (those papers I have are my oldies but goodies)
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #73 - Easter and/or Animals


Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by.

Materials and Tools Used:

Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Circles and Labels Four; Poppystamps Meadow Leaf; Crealies Creative Flowers CL CF 06

Punches:  Nellie Snellen floral punch leaf and embosser;

Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; pearls, lace and ribbons from my stash



62 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous!!

HeleneV said...

This box is just marvellous! I was so curious to see what was revealed when opening the box and I was completely surprised when I saw the picture. :) Such a nice gift for Easter!
Hugs

Mo said...

Wow..., Norma this is AMAZING...!!!
Big Hugs,
Mo

mgoll88 said...

fantastic... great job and lovely images and details.. perfect!

LG
Michaela

Isa said...

I want to do an other box like yours .. Love the design, it´s WONDERFUL !!!!

Linda said...

What a lovely box
hugs Linda

Mojca said...

Beautiful box! I did it once and I now that it takes a lot of patience. Love the image of Tilda, you colored it so well. Hugs! Mojca

Cheryl said...

Hi Norma, oh my this is stunning!!!! it is so absolutely beautiful. tfs it with us.
Hugs Cheryl

Danielle said...

Wowzers Norma! This is stunning - so beautifully done and such a treat to look at! I think I will have to put one of these on my 'must make' list! Thanks for sharing such fabulous inspiration!
Hugs, Danielle

Sharon said...

Just love the Easter secret box Norma and how wonderful of you to recyle those papers that the Maggies come in. Beautiful work again. Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Magnolia. Hope to see you again soon, hugs Sharon x

Dawn said...

Wow! I love this box!! Great way to recycle too! Gorgeous colouring of the Tildas and beautifully decorated. I think I'm gonna have to try this one out.

Hugs, Dawn

Monique said...

That is so pretty Norma !! I love it. Really must look into that box to make myself :). thank you for the inspiration :)).

Hugs Monique

Elizabeth said...

This is so beautiful!
Georgious!
Hugs
Elizabeth

Laura said...

Lovely....what a cool idea. Love your box - as always. And thanks for the link to the tut.
Laura

Suzan L said...

Oh My Goodness Norma, your box is so gorgeous!! I love each and every side of it!! Your coloring is just beautiful!! And, the flowers that you made are breathtaking!! How clever of you to use the packaging from the Magnolias. Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs,
Suzan

Frouwkje said...

Wow, so gorgeous!!!
greetings, Frouwkje

Susy said...

Oh my, this is gorgeus!

HUGS SUSY

Chrissy said...

A stunning creation Norma...beautifully done..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this box Norma and I can't believe you thought to use the Magnolia packaging, I'm so thrilled I have loads of these, greast idea, wonderful creation
Hugs Julie p

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

These are all really fantastic, gorgeous images and I love how you recycled the packaging, fab idea
Lindsay xx

cabio's craft corner said...

You are so clever recycling the paper from the stamp packaging Norma. Love all the sides with those pretty coloring Tilda and your fabulous flowers. Haven't get a chance to try this type of box yet but it's definitely in my to do list. Thanks for the inspiration :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Inky Angel said...

Norma,
This is awesome! Thanks for the tutorial link. It's good to know that I am not the only one who collect those Magnolia package inserts :)
Hugs,
Katie

Joy said...

I think my jaw just hit the ground from viewing this stunning creation, WOW! amazing... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Janice said...

How talented you are! What a stunning work of art, so beautifully coloured and arranged. Thank you so much for sharing this exceptional Easter Project with us at An Oldie But A Goodie. Do hope you'll join us again soon, Jx

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh I have MISSED stopping in to be inspired by your GORGEOUS work Norma - I MUST be a better blog buddy and visit more often....You inspire me every time I pop in. LOVE this - have made the smaller box and LOVE the thought of the taller one. Sooo well made - GORGEOUS!
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx
xXx

Patti Jo said...

I agree, it IS cool! Awesome work Norma!!! Absolutely beautiful coloring on all the images and gorgeous flowers!!! I'm zooming in close on all!!! Think I could wallpaper a room with the package inserts and you've shown they look lovely on the box too!!!

Elaine Stark said...

This is an amazing project. I love the colours and the beautifully coloured images. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Petra2 said...

Hi Norma,
your box is gorgeous - beautiful colors.
Hugs Petra

sara said...

wow loving this what a brilliant idea will have to have a go thanks so much for joining us at simply magnolia MDUC and just magnolia this week
hugs sara x x

Karen said...

This is awesome! And what a great way to recycle the packaging!! : )

Paula said...

This box is just adorable!! Love how you put it together, BUT I am just in awe of your creativeness in using the "packing" from the stamps - that is just incredible thinking!! You go girl!!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is an awesome project, Norma! Beautifully done, and just the perfect size too! After all, we have to have those luscious chocolates at Easter, now, don't we! Fabulous job coloring all the images, and your floral arrangements are absolutely stunning! Wow, wow, wow!!! Hugs...Barb <><

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh - you win the award for the year. this is just outstanding. Mouth dropping awesome. How in the world - oh my gosh. It is also beautiful and I love your flowers. Norma this is just out of the world fabulous. I just can not get over it. I love secrets!!
sandy

Julie said...

This is just amazing, Norma - a beautiful creation! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Colour Create, Juliexx

Karen said...

Wow! Fantastic project. Beautiful colors and coloring. Very creative.

Karen

Teri said...

Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor....
Okay, better... LOL!! I am amazed at the gorgeousness of this entire project!!!! I don't even think there are enough words to say how awesome it is!!! Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!!!!!!!!
Maggie hugs,
Teri

Kelly said...

Norma, This box is just divine! All that work and it is gorgeous.

H said...

WOW!!This is awesome Norma,brilliant
idea to recycled the package I do the same thing with other package,and think about the lovely gift wrapping paper!!
You are so talented.
Hugs Harma

Gina K said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is amazing. I love each of the Tildas, the flowers are fabulous, the papers are wonderful and the hidden surprise inside is yummy-looking. I suck at measuring and making things like boxes, so I am always in awe of people like you who execute them so well.

Elle said...

OMG this is so beautiful! You are going to have to do a tutorial on this box for us!

Sylvia said...

Wowzers Norma, this is absolutely stunning. Also the way you have decorate this beautiful box is gorgeous. I love your coloring.
xxxSylvia

Diana Crick said...

Norma, Have you put your Scor-Pal through its paces or what! This is amazing, so many glorious Tilda's beautifully coloured and goodies too. Truly spectacular!
hugs, Diana

Candy said...

My goodness, Norma.
You outdo yourself time after time!!
AWESOME work.....
Hugs, Candy

Edith said...

Wow, Norma, this is so sweet! Love it!
Edith

HeARTworks said...

What a wonderful box! You'll never guess what's inside! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Danielle Champagne said...

Norma, this is totally adorable, I love all about it. your coloring of tilda is always exquisite, and this time it makes no exception. YOur flowers are divine, OH! this big blue flower is really beautiful. Fabulous project. Hugs.

Cami said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!! Cabio, you did an incredibly FANTASTIC job with this secret box, and incorporated those lovely Tildas, AND thos amazing flowers you made! You leave me speechless! So magnificent! I love how you also recycled all those Maggie packaging sheets! You are most clever!
Have a lovely weekend and happy crafting!
Hugs,
Cami

Unknown said...

Hi Norma,

Wow... what a beautiful box, amazing.
My compliments. Love it.

Grt. Tonny :-)

Only By His Grace said...

Absolutely gorgeous work Norma.
I loooooove the flowers and your coloring is a knockout. Such a super pattern. so clever.
hugs Maz

Christina C. said...

OMG...this is AMAZING, Norma!!!!!
You are a bundle of talent. This is the most phenomenal treat box I have ever seen....WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

mapowska said...

Wow! Super idea!

Natka said...

It's absolote faboulos!

Jenny said...

Wow! What a fabulous project. Love it! Thank you for joining in with us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Laura said...

Gorgeous! Your attention to detail is obvious. You are such an inspiration. Good luck in your challenges!

Laura C.

Crealin said...

Wowie Norma,

this box is stunning, I love your coloring and embellishment. Gorgeous work!

Thanks for joining in the fun at simply magnolia.

Have a nice week.

Lins ;)

XxJULESxX said...

wow just stunning Norma!!

Anonymous said...

Norma your box is STUNNING! I totally love love love it! I am always amazed by your creations thanks you for sharing and playing along and Top Tip Tuesday this week! hugs Samantha :0)

Annette said...

Oh. My. God. This is just amazing. I love it. It's absolutely stunning. (And I love the contents too !!!)

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week with our Easter or Animals challenge. Good luck
Annette
xx

Mummylade said...

What a lovely creation Norma. Thank you so much for participating in our challenge at Stampin for the Weekend this time and good luck!

Mandy said...

Simply stunning Norma, your colouring is always beautiful, I absolutely love those flowers, you are so talented Norma and well done you with the recycling :)
hugs Mandy xx

Bettina L. said...

Oh my gosh I love this secret easter box of yours So many gorgeous details and I love your colouring. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Jenn Bedient said...

Thanks so much for this awesome tutorial- and all the others! I've made the pop-up book card already, and am now working on this fabulous box. Will be making some of the others soon as well. These are fantastic! Many thanks!

Hugs,

- Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...