Monday, January 03, 2011

Winter Birthday #2

Hello!

Woo hoo! I've finished with my birthday card for my other niece (the other twin). Similar in style--easel card mounted on a gift box--but with a different image. I had a harder time finding another winter Tilda to play around with...LOL. But here's the final finished project.


It wasn't too obvious that I can use this image of Snowy Hug from Magnolia's A Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010. The orginal image is of Tilda hugging Snowy the snowman and as you can see, I've cut Snowy out and replaced him with a snowboard.

The inside of the card looks like this.


A few challenges I'm entering with this card/giftbox:

Paper Sundaes Challenge 50 - Something New. (My snowflake die punch is a new purchase-boxing day sale..woohooo.)
Creative Inspirations Challenge 50 - Use Something New on Your Project. (is that ever weird--same challenge number and same theme...LOL. Anyway, same thing here...new item is my Spellbinders snowflake die cut.)

ABC DT Challenge - Baby It's Cold Outside Challenge.
Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar - Week 87 - Anything Goes.
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Challenge 27 - Card and Matching 3-D Gift. (Ladies, I don't know if this qualifies, as I've combined the card and the matching gift box into one item. If it doesn't, please ignore my entry. Thanks.)
Stamp Something - Something with Glitter Challenge.

That's it. Hope my niece will like this one. Thanks so much for dropping by. I appreciate your visit.

It's now bright and sunny here with a little nip in the air. I'm planning to enjoy the outdoors. I have an extra day off today, but back to work tomorrow...sigh. Have a wonderful day yourself!

Stamps: Snowy Hug from Magnolia's A Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010, PSX F-1550 Evergreen forest, Cornish Heritage Farms the Pines.

DP's: Creative Imaginations Harlequin in blue, Making Memories Heritage Collection Scroll Dark Navy.

Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large and Small, Classic Scallopped Circles Small, Mega Ovals Large, Mega Classic Scalloped Ovals Large, Shapebelities Snowflake Pendant, EK Success snowflake punches.

Misc.: Kaiser Craft and Recollections pearls, Mark Richards Cabochons dark blue, ribbons from my stash, wooden button plugs that I purchased at either Michaels or Lee Valley Tools--available at hardware stores too I think..



If you're interested in making this particular size box, I've drawn out the templates for it with the measurements that I used. The templates aren't to scale (it's about 50% of the original size).

For the drawer casing, you'll need to find a paper that is 14 inches wide. I used bristol board paper. It's thicker than regular scrapbooking cardstock, so it's actually better as it makes the box sturdier.





PS. I've been told that sometimes when I've posted templates, you can't click on them and printed them out very legibly. I'm not sure how to correct that, me being computer illiterate. If you're having the same problem, e-mail me directly and I'll e-mail the templates back to you.






51 comments:

Jessica Justice said...

Wow! What lovely card and thnak you for posting the sizes. Since I don't have an 14 inch paper. I have to go smaller. I have to use a 12 inch cardstock which I need some help. So do I cut the 7 x 7 or an 6 x 6?

Please me know. Thanks!
Jessica
kiddo7@comcast.net
www.facebook.com/jessica.justice3

I really perfer if you contact me at my facebook page.

Unknown said...

Hi Norma, I really can't decide which one of the two I like best: The're both so great! The girls will surely love them. Hugs, Frea

Diane said...

Thanks so much for sharing these templates, Norma! You've made a superb job of this card and it just goes to show that it pays to think outside the box with these images!
Diane x

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

Tracy Valure said...

Beautiful Norma!! I love the snowboard, how clever!!
Tracy Valure

Cindy said...

This box would work for both the Magnolia Stamp Lover's challenge (blues) and the Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central Blog's (anything goes) which requires one item from StampingScrapping.com and the Maggie would qualify. Great job - hope to see you on MSL and SSCC soon. C2

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Norma, How lovely! A masterpiece! Replacing snowman by a snow board is such an idea. Lovely shades of blue, gorgeous coloring.
Hugs
Danielle

Anonymous said...

oh Norma!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is FABULOUS! I love it! She will too! Wonderful coloring and designing... I can see how to use this snowflake die now, that I purchased because I thought I needed but then didn't know what to do with it! lol What a delight to give this away...so charming!
Pam Going Postal

Kelly Schelske said...

This is absolutely fabulous Norma! Love the colors!

Janine - Ellabella said...

Wow...Norma it´s wonderful! Great coloring!
Love it! Janine

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

wow this looks very nice
miranda

Bribrie said...

De nouveau une bien belle modification du tampon original. J'adore tes idées ! Bravooo

Kati said...

What a great idea to change the snowman with the fantastic snowboard - I love it!!!
lg
mamapia

Squirrel x said...

Norma, this is sooooo fantastic hunny! I love it and your niece will treasure it always. Hugs, Sxx

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Norma, I love your ideas and this one too is so wonderful!! Very cute snowboard you created for this precious Tilda and your eye soothing coloring is awesome. Beautifully finished creation! I bet your niece loved this card so much :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Grenouille Greetings said...

Stunning with a capital S. Oh so clever to add the snow board! Beautiful make! Happy New Year! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Justine said...

WHOA Norma you AMAZE me!!! This is outstanding and I am so excited that you choose ABC Toys & Crafts to share your beautiful artwork with. Thank you

Sandy said...

Just how many times do I have to tell you that I love your art work - and that is exactly what is is Norma - art. Thanks for the template!
Sandy Dehon

Candy said...

Oh Norma!
Another outstanding creation for sure!
Your nieces are very lucky girls.
This one in blue is as beautiful as the one in purple.
Fantastic idea to take snowy out of the image and insert your wonderful snowboard :o)
Hugs, Candy

Fiona said...

fabulous creation...great idea of cutting snowy out!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

fi

Patti Jo said...

This Tilda worked perfectly too! Love your layouts Norma! You are so creative and this niece will surely love what you've created for her too!
Thanks so much for sharing the template!!! Fantastic work!!!

Rosie said...

Wow, wow, wow Norma....you never cease to amaze me! These Easel Card boxes are awesome and I love how you adapted your image to hold a snowboard...very creative!! Gives me a whole new perspective on these fabulous Christmas Maggies. Thank you so much for always sharing your instructions.

Only By His Grace said...

Oh wow! you have done it again.
Simply adorable is the word for this card. I see the chocolates are already in the drawer....yum.
The blue looks super as well as the purple one. I love how Tilda looks like she is just going to lift the snowboard up. So clever using this Tilda. I love everything about this Easel box. Thanks for the pattern Norma.
Hugs Maz

Peggie said...

How adorable. Great idea to use this Tilda and add a snowboard.

Barb Hardeman said...

Norma! Oh, my, this is just adorable! Your are so creative, so inventive, you think so out of the box! What a wonderful idea to use this image and make her hugging a snowboard which is so sparkly!!! Another easel box - you are awesome!
I'm going to write down your tutorial so I can give it a try!
Hugs,
Barb

Cami said...

Wow Norma! Your twin nieces will both love their easel card/2-drawer box! I like how Tilda is holding up her snowboard! So creative and so talented! Oh, what kind of craft cutting knife do you use? Exacto? Your cutting is always so neat! Hugs, Cami

Marga said...

Great project you have made.

Hugs Marga

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma, I love how you've altered this image and added the snowboard! Beautiful layout and papers! Thanks for posting the box direction! I hope to try it soon! hugs, Angela

Myrna said...

One amazing project after another Norma!Love this one even more than the last! They are lucky girls! :-)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing the template. Can you tell me where you get your handles from?

Thanks

Cheryl said...

OMGoodness, Norma, you are unbelievable and this is so stinkin' cute!
Thanks for sharing your box design, too!

Chris said...

Beautiful. Love it!

Unknown said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing the template :o)

Suzanne J Dean said...

Gorgeous Norma! I love this cutie huggin her snowboard, great way to change it up and so FUN! Love the pretty blues and great project--will have to try this, thanks for sharing!

hugz,
Suzanne

Monique said...

That's so cute Norma !! I love it. What a great idea with the snowboard :)).

Hugs Monique

Christina C. said...

What a STUNNING work of art, Norma!
Thank you so much for providing us with the templates.

dolcreations said...

Oh to have half the creative mind you do! This is sooooo awesome Norma! You are so talented and so precise with all you do! Thank-you for sharing your talent with us...it makes me push myself to try and create beyond just cards!!!

cheryl said...

oh wow this is simply gorgoues,beautiful,detail bless you for playing at creative inspirations,this week,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Teri said...

Norma, these cards for your nieces are absolutely fabulous!! How smart of you to add the snowboards!!! They are going to love them!!!!! Gorgeous coloring!!!!
Teri

Bengelmama said...

Ohhhhh so beautiful.

Nadine

Rach said...

oh wow this is fantastic.x

Anonymous said...

WOW fantastic project Norma, I can't choose a favorite because they are both so fabulous. TFS

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Norma,
This is just a fabulous project! I absolutely love the snowboard. I haven't had much time to read blogs so I'm trying to surf the blogs at night, while the kids are sleeping. I'm giggling to my self right now, because my hubby is trying to wash our cat in the tub. Lol
I don't know why I haven't clicked to follow your blog before today. Lots of inspiration to be found here, that's for sure! Keep on crafting sister! You're doing an awesome job.
Blessings,
Leslie

Susy said...

This is so gorgeus!!!
Hugs Susy

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

*SIGH* Seriously?! Another amazing project from you, Norma. Wow, wow, wow!! I am absolutely speechless as these two projects (the lavendar one, too) are beyond outstanding!! Thank you so much for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Lorraine said...

Both snowboard cards are great the colours are great on both of them

Jean said...

Goodness Norma, this is one fine project.. love your colors and love Tilda with her snow board.. you did an amazing job with your coloring and with your box.. Thank you so much for sharing your measurements... Am going to try it... Love everything your have done and am glad I for your blog as you are so talented...
Hugs, Jean

Gloria Stengel said...

I love the fancy snowboard. Aren't you the clever boots?! This box is FANTASTIC! I love it! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week.

Suzan L said...

Happy New Year Norma!! What a beautiful card!! Your niece is going to love it!! Thank you for the detailed drawings!! I can't wait to make one of these!!
Hugs,
Suzan Laverty

Unknown said...

Wow! That is just what I need to make teacher gifts for V-day. Thanks so much! And...if others are having problems printing this may help...

1. Open image by clicking on photo.
2. At the top of the screen click on "FILE"
3. Select "PRINT PREVIEW"
4. Select "SCALE 100%"
5. Click "PRINT"

Hope that helps those that are having troubles. :)

Sara
www.snugasabugdesigns.blogspot.com

Nelly said...

So beautiful box - just perfect. Many thanks for template!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...