Monday, January 10, 2011

Tilda, orange you cute! - Magnolia-licious Challenge #5

Hello everyone!

It's time for Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog's first challenge in 2011. January is Cabio's month to pick the challenge themes for. For this first colour challenge, she has chosen the colour combo of Orange and Green.


And of course, I've made this into another easel card. I just love the easy way that you can put this type of cards on display.


This adorable image is called Cherry Tilda from Magnolia's Autum 2010 Collection, available from Magnolia-licious on-line store.
And yes, I just checked, Diana does have her in stock right now.

I have to correct how I coloured her. Do you see her fingers I had poking out among those cherries? LOL...I thought she had a piece of cloth to gather her cherries, like a kerchief or something, draped across her hand, but no, it's actually part of her dress. So for her fingers to be poking out that way, she'd have to have a hole in her dress...LOL. Silly me!!!

Anyway, a few challenges for this card:

Sunday Sketch & Stamp Challenge #44 - I used Claire's wonderful sketch.

Paper Sundaes Challenge #51 - Circles

Cupcake Craft Challenge #123 - Something New (see the notes below the next challenge)

Creative Inspirations Challenge #50 - To use Something New on your project/New Element.
I have a couple of die sets that I bought during this past holiday season: 1. the Sizzix decorative strip die called Flower Garden. This is so pretty. See the light orange strip at the left hand side? Looks like paper lace.
2. the Magnolia Doohikeys Leaf and Swirl dies. I love this set.

Charisma Cardz Challenge 1 - Birthday

Allsorts Week 85 - Fancy fold.


The inside of my card looks like this.


I hope you can join us in our Magnolia-licious orange and green challenge. There is a prize of a $25.00 gift certificate.

Also, please check out the amazing creations of the rest of the Magnolia-licious DT ladies at the challenge blog here. And you can find the links to their personal blogs on my side bar also.

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by. I appreciate your visit. Have a wonderful week.



Stamps: Cherry Tilda from Magnolia's Autumn 2010 Collection available from Magnolia-licious, the sentiments are computer generated.

DP's: from Me&My BIG Ideas Posh Designer Sheets paper collection, Chatterbox Happy Bloom.
Tools: Sizzix decorative strip die Flower Garden, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large, Classic scalloped Circles Large, Small Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles, Petite Ovals Large and Small, Petite Scalloped Ovals, Magnolia Doohikeys Swirls and Leaf (I'm guessing the name here), Martha Stewart Daisy Punch and Small Hydrangea Petals, McGill Daisy Punch, EK Success Retro Flower Small Punch .

Misc.: Pearls from Queen & Co., Mark Richards and Vintage Attic Treasures. I did the distressing using Tim Holtz distress ink pad Faded Jeans and Spiced Marmalade and Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Medium: Combination of Promarkers and Touch markers--
Promarkers: Blush, Soft Peach, Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon, Tan, Orange, Mango, Leaf Green, Meadow Green.
Touch: T27, Powder Pink, T136 Blush, T95 Burnt Sienna, T140 Light Orange.
I also used some coloured pencils to deepen the shadow areas (Sorry, I didn't jot down the colours).

48 comments:

Lia said...

wonderful card norma I love the colorcmbo and great coloring
hugs Lia

Chrissy said...

Well maybe that is so, but I think it is a beautiful card and her fingers dont look out of place at all. I did'nt even notice till you pointed it out and even then it still looked just right.Gorgeous colouring.Love the colour combo.
Luv CHRISSYxx

H said...

Hi Norma I love the warm orange
colours ,but i dont have the colour orange so of to the store tomorrow lol
Hugs harma

cabio's craft corner said...

You are amazing Norma. Your card is gorgeous both inside and out. Your design of this card and the eye soothing coloring of this color combo is beautiful!
Hugs,
Cabio

Patti Jo said...

You come up with the most awesome details! Absolutely gorgeous Norma! Love your flower arrangements and the whole layout!!!

Carol said...

Oooo Norma this is just stunning work as always!! Such a beautiful colour combo and smashing lo. Luv your work! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Charisma. Lotsa luv xxxx

jans said...

its veery beutiful i lik it verry muts grt jans

Cami said...

Norma! You've done it AGAIN! Gorgeous easel card and I love every detail you put into it! What an inspiration! I'm going on a short vacation and this time, we hope to take the ferry from Seattle up to B.C.! Hugs, Cami

Squirrel x said...

In one word hunny? WOW! Hugs, Sxx

Debbie Pamment said...

Orange and green - hmmmm - I wouldn't have thought of that combo but boy do you make it look good! This is just gorgeous!
xXx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Norma, what a beautiful card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous papers and your embellishments are stunning. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

The colour combo on this is so striking and the die cut elements are just gorgeous...

thanks for joining in the fancy folds challenge at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Norma, the warm, spicy colors you used are so stunning! Tilda is so gorgeous and love the design! Love, love, love it!!!!
hugs, Sharon

charlene said...

Norma she is just to cute I like that color combo and it is not something I would have came up with ! thanks for your inspiration as always
Hugs♥

dolcreations said...

Norma...you are one talented lady! I would have struggled with the oranges...but not you! Beautiful Norma...BEAUTIFUL!

Susy said...

This is so beautiful!!!
HUGS SUSY

Anonymous said...

What a sweet layout on this card, Norma. The flourishes and flowers are lovely embellishments on your card. Tilda is looking just lovely and colored beautifully! Have a great day my friend! hugs, Angela

Bea said...

prachtige kaart Norma!!!

Louise said...

Beautiful card Norma, love the coloor combos you picked.

Candy said...

Norma,
I am awestruck by the amount of work you have put into your marvellous card!
Each card you make is more beautiful than the last one.
Your colouring is awesome and your design amazing.
The use of all the dies and special hand made flowers etc. are wonderful.
An outstanding work of art!
Hugs, Candy

Craftbugmum said...

Slimply beautiful, wow you make such stunning cards. TFS them with us.
Hugs
Fi xx

Sally said...

What a great card, thanks for joining us at Charismas birthday challenge.
Sally. x

Barb Hardeman said...

Totally and completely awesome card Norma! Your coloring is beautiful and how wonderful that your Nesties are gorgeous together! Even though I'm not an orange person...you've got me all stirred up! The entire design of this card is breath-taking!
Muggies,
Barb

Card Crazy said...

Sweet, sweet card Norma.
Sue S.

Karen said...

Very pretty! : )

Rene said...

Ha! You and I are doing the same thing! I feel like I'm stalking Diana's store...which I am ;)

GORGEOUS card...just stunning!!!

Rene :D

Kathy McMahon said...

Great job on a difficult colour combo. Love this card.

Gloria Dawson said...

Norma your card is just stunning! Love all the beautiful detail and Tilda is colored to perfection!

Blessings,
Gloria

Grenouille Greetings said...

A beautiful card! you have made orange and green look as though they were meant for each other eve though my heart tells me they are not! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Danielle Champagne said...

Absolutely ADorable Norma. I just love everything about your card. Your coloring is magnificient. Tilda is glowing, she looks marvelous.Love the swirls and the little pearl addition on your netsty. Fabulous, I love all of it.Hugs. Danielle.

Regina said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Your coloring is always amazing!!!:)))
Hugs
Regina

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhh....what a stunning work of art!!!! Love your beautiful easel card...simply GORGEOUS!

Pat said...

Oh Norma...orange YOU a cutie!!! hehehe! You crack me up, girlfriend! And then the "confession" about her fingers poking through Tilda's dress...too funny!! (I wouldn't have even noticed it!) What I did notice is that your card is STUNNING!! I love everything about it!! You're brilliantly talented, hon!
Pat Frank

Eulanda said...

OH MA GOSH NORMA!! This is gorgeous and it makes me wonder how you come up with the stuff you do. The layering on this is magnificent!! Also, I would have fallen for the hankerchief!! hee hee

Only By His Grace said...

Oh Norma! It always such a delight to see your beautiful cards.
Your cards are always so perfectly balanced. The colors are awesome. I love how you have arranged the swirls with the flowers. I love the decorative strip die. Lovely DP to finish the picture off.
Hugs Maz

Catherine Atkinson said...

A very pretty, sweet card!

Zoe said...

Norma I absolutely ADORE the colours you have used on Tilda. She is coloured so beautifully and your whole card is just gorgeous. hugs xxoo

Kelly said...

Fabulous card, there is so much to look at and I love it.

PepPop said...

Gorgeous card Norma, Love all the detailing. Jaqui x

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Norma. Love the image you've used and the details also. Hugs Michele x

Chris said...

Oh, Norma, this is just gorgeous! I love each and every bit of it. The colors are so pretty, the design perfect. You sure set the bar high for us to emulate! Great job!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Anonymous said...

so melt your heart sweet Norma! Love your creation! Your Tilda is beautiful! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Becca said...

You are just oozing with talent, Norma! You have a great eye for design and everything just to seems to flow! This card is adorable! Hugs, Becca

Tracey Manderson said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Norma! Have been following you for awhile, and you are such a wonderful inspiration!
Hugs
Tracey
ps- thankyou for visiting my blog, i feel very special :D

Suzanne said...

Another gorgeous card x

Tracy Valure said...

So beautiful Norma!! I love your work! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes! Hope to see you back.
Tracy V.

Sandy said...

Such a pretty birthday card - this colors really turned out to be pretty colors to work with.\
Sandy Dehon

Shana said...

Norma I love your colour combination and how you've decorated the insight of the card - so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again this week for our big Birthday Celebration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...