Saturday, September 19, 2009

Merry Christmas

Happy Saturday!

I've made another Christmas card. Hopefully by early December, I would have made enough.


3 challenges for this card, LOL:

The first one is Sketch and Stash Challenge. This is the sketch for their Challenge 19.
My newest stash is this gorgeous DP from Bo Bunny. I think it's one of their new Christmas papers for this year. I was in my local scrapbook store, Scrapbook Warehouse, and the vibrant Christmasy colours caught my eyes, so of course I just had to have it. Also new to me is this Magnolia Tilda image, purchased from Diana at Magnolia-licious. This is the first time I have used this stamp.

The second challenge is from Passion for Promarkers. The challenge for Week 17 is any colours & polka dots.

The third challenge is from Papertake Weekly Challenge. Their theme is Faking it. I've added some faux stitching and fake lace (using a border punch) on my card.



I don't know if you can see that there are stars in the design of the paper. You can probably tell better from the piece of paper in the inside of the card. I've cut out similar looking stars out of cardstock and put gold glitters on them. The stars are in place of the flower on the sketch.

The sentiment I've moved to the top because I've moved the paper lace lower as not to cover up the trees, so that left more room at the top rather than at the bottom for the sentitment.

The inside of the card looks like this.

Red isn't an easy colour for me to do, but I think I'm improving, hee hee, just my own opinion. And yes, the Tilda in the inside has a slightly darker red dress. That's because I wasn't happy with the initial blending of colours, so kept fooling around with my markers and kept adding layers of ink until it got to be like this.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Braids, Hero Arts Wishing Peace and Joy.
DP's: Bo Bunny 12@ Tis the Season Deck the Halls, polka dot paper from me&my BIG book value pack paper pad.
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch. Embelishments: Making Memories metal Merry Christmas, Kaiser Craft pearls.

36 comments:

Patricia Garcia said...

Lovely card, it's beggining to look a lot like Christmas, I better start on my cards! Love the red dress!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Only By His Grace said...

Oh my! Your cards are so beautiful. I love how you decorate the inside of the card as well.
Your colouring is amazing.
Hugs
Marion

Ramona Michaluk said...

Fabulous card Norma - love the 'gingham' check and Christmas tree papers. They go so well together with this Tilda image (like an olde world vintage look with a modern twist!).

The colours are lovely and as always, your inner pages are beautiful too. Love it!
Hugs,
Ramona

Tracey said...

Love this Norma! What a gorgeous card!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Love the Christmas tree papers you've used - and WOW - you've created another stunning masterpiece. Your work is ALWAYS amazing - it's sooo much fun to come and check out your eye candy!
xXx

Angelwood said...

You've colored her in so beautifully! I love how you've highlighted her dress. Stunning card! hugz, Angela

megline said...

Beautiful card. I love the stars to. Very original.
Hugs, Line

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Norma, what a stunning card. The image is coloured so brilliantly and the paper is gorgeous. The inside looks as amazing as the front. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Kathy said...

Such a cute card Norma!! I love that DP ~ will have to look for it!! AND Tilda is adorable! Your coloring is just fabulous!! Love it!
:)Kathy

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Norma, what a stunning card! I love that dp and your Tilda is just perfect staning there with her pretty braids. Wowza! What a great job you did with the inside too. I love this whole card...hugs...Barb

Jacque said...

Norma, this is such a lovely card...this is truly one of my very favorite little Tildas....she is so proper and is so much fun to play with and you have done an exceptional job...Beautiful coloring and just stunning...Hugs..Jacque

Wiccababe said...

wow, fabulous card Norma - love the attention to detail
thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Norma. Love the cute tilda image you've used and the fabulous colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

LOUISE said...

Beautiful card Norma, love the image, and the papers are devine. Louise x

Nancy said...

Hi Norma,
Your Christmas card is gorgeous I love it! You did a great job coloring with the color red. I have a really hard time with red but yours is beautiful.
Hugs,
Nancy

Kath Stewart said...

great take on the challenge norma...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PTW...hugs kath (GDT)xxxx

dolcreations said...

Your card is so gorgeous! How do you get that little dress to look like actual velvet! Man are you one talented lady! i just love coming to your blog! You give such inspiration!
Christine

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Norma and a great insert!!
Clairex

Whimcees said...

What a sonderful card! Your use of color is awesome! Makes me want to frame it! :<)

Barbara Diane

Ila said...

Oh My...this card is Absolutley Gorgeous!!..all your cards are Beautiful!!...Hugs, Ila

cabio's craft corner said...

Norma, that's a cute card and I agree that red is hard to do, but you handled it perfectly! I love those DP and the sparkling stars are wonderfully addition.
Your Tilda's coloring is stunning!
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Norma ;0)
Love the paper you used!

Janneke X

Regina said...

Hi Norma![Awesome card!!! I love each detail you did!!!
hugs
Regina

LINDA said...

This is simply gorgeous!! Love the DP and the details are wonderful.. And WOW!! Your coloring is just fab..
Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

I love this card! Christmas - guess I should have started this summer! Thanks so much for sharing! Kerry Peasland

CarlaKH said...

what a beautiful card!

Jodie from Oz said...

Norma, such a beautiful card, love the little stars and your colouring is amazing. The dp is adorable. The inside of your card is just as beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration & for sharing.
hugs Oz_Jodie

Chrissie said...

Just love this Norma, gorgeous papers and colour combo and this Tilda is one of my favourites!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

4furbabies said...

Oh this is so very cute - love the lay out and the colors - great job- thanks for sharing
God Bless Chris

Eulanda said...

WOW can you ever kick it!! Great card!! Love love LOVE your coloring!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, you coloring is fab! Your card is very colorful, class! Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. BTW, It is a button in the middle of the bow on my card. Have a nice day! Hugs, Lily

Shawn said...

WOW another example of "CardArt". Norma, she is beautiful. I love this image...I feel relaxed when I look at her if that makes any sense.
hugs,
Diana

Danielle said...

Stunning card Norma - your colouring of Tilda is just gorgeous! Beautiful work!
Hugs, Danielle

Becky said...

Wow Norma! Your card is so gorgeous acn I love your stash!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Vivi Casale said...

aww, this is a gorgeous card! so cute!
xxx
Vivi

Jill said...

wow Norma your card is absolutely stunning, I love your image and your colouring is so detailed thanks so much for joining us at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...