Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hello Hello


I thought I would do a card based on this sketch from Papertake Weekly Challenge--Dawnys Sketch #11. It's a fabulous sketch.

This is what I ended up with. Hmmm...I'm still not sure if I'm pleased with it or not. Lots of colours there, maybe too much. 3 different designer papers, all colourful. I think next time I'd make one of them plainer. You don't really get the full effect until you look at the finished card. By then, it's way way too late to change anything--everything's glued on!

I had to improvise with the bench that Tilda is sitting on. I had to make it go off the page. It's actually a Christmas bench and there's a cluster of 2 huge holly leaves and berries at the left-hand side of the bench which I really didn't want on this card.

Hope you like the card. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Stamps: Magnolia #262 Traveler Tilda, #567 Christmas Bench
Designer Papers: Chatterbox Olive Sunburst, Lake Stripe, Olive Summer Flowers

4 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Do I like this card - NO.... I LOVE it!!!!! I love your layout - the straight lines from one DP leading to the off centre ones - great choice of DPs. AND who can go wrong with Tilda??? You're colouring is absolutely amazing - I'm in awe...
xXx

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous card Norma, love the Tilda image, and your papers are devine. LOuise x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Norma. I think all the papers work really well together.

Mrs Mayne said...

Beautiful card Norma! The papers go together perfectly! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...